Ford Focus RS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anyone done any of the track days at Limerock? im thinking of asking for a training course for next year for xmas
I ran an SCDA event this year, great experience. The temps were high (95 ish) and high humidity, the sessions were around 25 minutes and I had no issues with heat soak or rear diff. There were 2 other RS's at the track and they had no issues either. This was my first car track day, and I thought it went well. Limited passing zones in the rookie class.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome, the directions Randy will email you are a but intimidating so let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Just got my introduction email from randy about the tuning, so i do a WOT log with the cobb 0 map and then load the mountune map and do a WOT log after a couple days of driving on the log?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Just got my introduction email from randy about the tuning, so i do a WOT log with the cobb 0 map and then load the mountune map and do a WOT log after a couple days of driving on the log?
Do 2 on Cobb Stage 0. Make sure you find a nice flat, straight road that you can regularly do 90mph pulls on. Has to be the same place each time. I would send randy the Stage 0 logs and ask for the go ahead to run his first beta file.

Reactions: Zellhound

·
Registered
356 Posts
Do 2 on Cobb Stage 0. Make sure you find a nice flat, straight road that you can regularly do 90mph pulls on. Has to be the same place each time. I would send randy the Stage 0 logs and ask for the go ahead to run his first beta file.
Once i get my revisions should i always send randy two logs or is one enough for each revision?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
2 is only for the first one to make sure you have a solid beginning log. 1 is sufficient after that.
Once i get my revisions should i always send randy two logs or is one enough for each revision?

·
Registered
356 Posts
2 is only for the first one to make sure you have a solid beginning log. 1 is sufficient after that.

thank you! i did two just in case and realized the first half got corrupted some how and it only started logging after WOT, but i got a solid first run

·
Registered
356 Posts

How many revisions did you do with randy? he said im done after my third revision

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
6 or 7 but to start off my car is making a crazy amount of boost so we kept having the back it down
How many revisions did you do with randy? he said im done after my third revision

·
Registered
356 Posts
6 or 7 but to start off my car is making a crazy amount of boost so we kept having the back it down

yea every revision randy toned down the boost in my car, and for the last one asked if i was going down hill? i did my logs on the same road (beginning of route 11) starting at the same point and it didnt come up till the last log, so im not sure what to make of it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Check the log, do you see any negative timing corrections on the 4 knock sensors? I also used the logs to compare 20mph to 80mph times and post tune time was much quicker.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Check the log, do you see any negative timing corrections on the 4 knock sensors? I also used the logs to compare 20mph to 80mph times and post tune time was much quicker.

is the 4 knock sensors the ign correction in the 4 cylinders?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yep, you don't want any large negative amounts at 100% throttle.
is the 4 knock sensors the ign correction in the 4 cylinders?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep, you don't want any large negative amounts at 100% throttle.

Ill have to do a log with the newest map to see if randy corrected any of this but on my latest map but on the last log i did roughly 3.38 seconds in i have -1.66 correction in cyl 4 which goes down to -1.16 in roughly .8 seconds and i also get -1.17 correction starting the same point in cyl 2 as the -1.16. then it lowers to -.67 (cyl 2) and -.66(cyl4) and -.17(cyl2) and -.16 (cyl 4) before zeroing out for 2 seconds before returning in cyl 3 at -1, -.5 and -1.62 till i let off the throttle.

but i shaved over 2 seconds off my 20-80 times which is very nice

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yah, do a log and if you are still seeing negative corrections at 100% throttle send it to him. Yours certainly are not bad though.
Ill have to do a log with the newest map to see if randy corrected any of this but on my latest map but on the last log i did roughly 3.38 seconds in i have -1.66 correction in cyl 4 which goes down to -1.16 in roughly .8 seconds and i also get -1.17 correction starting the same point in cyl 2 as the -1.16. then it lowers to -.67 (cyl 2) and -.66(cyl4) and -.17(cyl2) and -.16 (cyl 4) before zeroing out for 2 seconds before returning in cyl 3 at -1, -.5 and -1.62 till i let off the throttle.

but i shaved over 2 seconds off my 20-80 times which is very nice

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Usually only do one or two logs and then send them to Randy. He responds so quick its not worth it to keep doing logs and potentially damage your car with WOT pulls.

·
Registered
287 Posts
snow driving season is upon us, sports car club of vermont will probably start running ice time trails in late JAN, they are basically ice autocross events. check them out if you want to put those hooning "skills" to the test.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had my snows on since the end of October and I'm still waiting to at least drive this thing in the snow, we've been lucky if you don't want the snow

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yah, do a log and if you are still seeing negative corrections at 100% throttle send it to him. Yours certainly are not bad though.

Hey i had a couple questions, I know your family owns a ford dealership so i thought id seek your advice, Im not sure if the dealership i go to is mod friendly and im still in the middle of refining my tune with Randy and have to take my car in on monday for some warranty work (shifter housing is leaking again). should i remove my tune and put the stage 0 tune back on? will that show up as the stock tune? and also should i removed my obdII cord? i have it tucked away behind the dash coming out from behind the steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Hey i had a couple questions, I know your family owns a ford dealership so i thought id seek your advice, Im not sure if the dealership i go to is mod friendly and im still in the middle of refining my tune with Randy and have to take my car in on monday for some warranty work (shifter housing is leaking again). should i remove my tune and put the stage 0 tune back on? will that show up as the stock tune? and also should i removed my obdII cord? i have it tucked away behind the dash coming out from behind the steering wheel?
Contrary to belief, most dealers aren't looking to void your warranty and lose a customer. They still get paid doing warranty work. That said, I would hide the Cobb AP and the obd2 cable. They will always be able to tell if it's been tuned but they would have to have a reason to look. If you're really paranoid uninstall the AP and go back to stock. Cobb stage 0 wouldn't help, you would have to uninstall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

981 - 1000 of 1072 Posts