Ford Focus RS Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
assuming you mean Rhode Island, and i run the forged wheels with PSS in the summer and i put the winter tire set up on with the PILOT ALPIN PA4 that came on them
Yes Rhode island. Stupid autocorrect.

This is my first winter car. I'm from the Midwest so I handle snow well. Just always been in a Ford f250 truck.

Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Saw you today on northampton st holyoke:

·
Registered
356 Posts
New to the group. I have a 2017 grey with black wheels and I live in Madison CT. Anyone know of upcoming events/rides?
Welcome, did you buy your RS at hammanasset ford? and not too many people active in CT. Ive driven by a few RS's but none have ever posted on here to my knowledge

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey guys, picked up a new 17 Black RS over the weekend, will be starting a build thread soon and hopefully this becomes a wicked fun project car. I'm actually trying to figure out what small stuff I can do first before the usual stuff that will come over winter, exhaust/wheels/suspension.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Has anyone done any of the track days at Limerock? im thinking of asking for a training course for next year for xmas

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Saw a Black RS from Muzi Ford parked behind Pressed cafe in burlington on Sunday morning. Anyone here?

·
Registered
356 Posts
@Soundwave I was just wondering how you like your Mountune tune? i am split between getting the AP and tune from them or from Stratified. If you were to do it all over would you pick Mountune again?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
@Soundwave I was just wondering how you like your Mountune tune? i am split between getting the AP and tune from them or from Stratified. If you were to do it all over would you pick Mountune again?
Just finished tuning with Randy at Mountune. Couldnt be happier. I started the process in June so they are lenient with the 45 days.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just finished tuning with Randy at Mountune. Couldnt be happier. I started the process in June so they are lenient with the 45 days.
How would you describe the tune? Good for a DD who just wants a little more kick in the car?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Yah, it runs just like stock with more power. Also has some cool options like changing tunes on the fly (with steering wheel controls), flat foot shifting, auto start/stop delete, etc
How would you describe the tune? Good for a DD who just wants a little more kick in the car?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yah, it runs just like stock with more power. Also has some cool options like changing tunes on the fly (with steering wheel controls), flat foot shifting, auto start/stop delete, etc

Just ordered the AP with mountune :encouragement:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Awesome, the directions Randy will email you are a but intimidating so let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Zellhound

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
@Zellhound I really like the tune but have nothing to compare it to. the experience with randy was great. we spent a lot of time narrowing down knock issues with fuel and a loose bolt so he extended my tune timeframe until we had it right. we ended up backtracking to the OTS tune and then only going with a few slight tweaks. I should be somewhere around 370 lb. ft. of torque to the wheels with no intercooler or full intake. I did have some weird metal in my UOA so I'm waiting on this next one to reach out to Randy again incase there could be some extra wear happening.

·
Registered
356 Posts
@Zellhound I really like the tune but have nothing to compare it to. the experience with randy was great. we spent a lot of time narrowing down knock issues with fuel and a loose bolt so he extended my tune timeframe until we had it right. we ended up backtracking to the OTS tune and then only going with a few slight tweaks. I should be somewhere around 370 lb. ft. of torque to the wheels with no intercooler or full intake. I did have some weird metal in my UOA so I'm waiting on this next one to reach out to Randy again incase there could be some extra wear happening.
Thats reassuring to hear, I ordered my AP on monday so now its just the waiting game till it gets sent out. I dont have any mods besides an airfilter and Exhaust so i think it will give the car some life. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
So ya we have very similar "power" mods and it certainly livened the car up. Honestly it wasn't as much of a difference in total feel as I thought though. Everyone talked about transforming the car etc and I guess because of all the revisions and knock issues I never got that huge change all at once. I also don't track or beat on my car but when I put my foot to the floor it definitely moves! Also the pops and crackles were certainly affected!

Reactions: Zellhound

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
For whatever reason, on my first revision the car was making really high boost, car was breaking traction in 2nd, was so fun. Obviously we had to turn the boost down though.
So ya we have very similar "power" mods and it certainly livened the car up. Honestly it wasn't as much of a difference in total feel as I thought though. Everyone talked about transforming the car etc and I guess because of all the revisions and knock issues I never got that huge change all at once. I also don't track or beat on my car but when I put my foot to the floor it definitely moves! Also the pops and crackles were certainly affected!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Is there someone on here from Mass with a BURBLE liscense plate?

961 - 980 of 1072 Posts