Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thank you.

So my buddy told me he was listening to Matt Farror's podcast the other day, Farror said that all vehicles that's built in 2016 and being import to US will have a 90 days "inspection" period before it can ship to the dealers. Idk how true this is, but if it's true then we won't see our car until probably June or July.
Farah is certainly more connected than most of us here on the boards, so I can only hope that is false info. However, considering my car isn't scheduled yet, I refuse to start holding my breath for anything.
I just want to know my car exists and then the rest I really dont give a **** about. a 90 day inspection seems odd, but maybe it has to do with bunching the orders up so that the delivery for the first wave isn't piecemeal and all allocations arrive in the same week or something. <this is what i want to believe>

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The FoRS should be at the NEAS in Boston. My buddy just sent me a pic, Shadow black. He said he touched it for me lol.
nice. most likely the same one that was at the show in hartford.
if anyone sees it snap a pic of the VIN for the list

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
The FoRS should be at the NEAS in Boston. My buddy just sent me a pic, Shadow black. He said he touched it for me lol.
Do you know if they let him sit in it? Hopefully it's not a pre-production model, and will allow visitors to sit in them.

I'll probably be down in the area Saturday morning, so I might stop by to check it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm getting my RS thru Litchfield Ford in Litchfield, CT. A base car with a moonroof. They are charging me MSRP with no ADM. They had ordered it for the dealership and let me take it over. Great people. Cancelled my original order through Family Ford in Watertown who were going to charge me $4K over. Better lucky than good, I always say.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Do you know if they let him sit in it? Hopefully it's not a pre-production model, and will allow visitors to sit in them.

I'll probably be down in the area Saturday morning, so I might stop by to check it out.
Was hoping for blue

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

He said it was a pre-production model and they didn't let him sit in it. He was there for a GM training class lol.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Awesome. Thanks
grab a vin pic if you dont mind. the vin list doesnt seem to have that car yet.

as far as sitting in the car, if its anything like hartford, they had the locked SB RS sitting next to an unlocked ST ST3 which has the same shape and feel, so the RS being locked wasn't a big problem for me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
grab a vin pic if you dont mind. the vin list doesnt seem to have that car yet.

as far as sitting in the car, if its anything like hartford, they had the locked SB RS sitting next to an unlocked ST ST3 which has the same shape and feel, so the RS being locked wasn't a big problem for me.
Will do! I'm on my way into Boston now. All I have with me is my iPhone but I'll definitely grab a Vin pic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Okay, so I finally got to see an RS in person. It was a Shadow Black pre-production model. Firstly, the paint on this was garbage haha. I couldn't sit in it but I snagged a picture of the vin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another CT person here, haven't put in an order yet. Patiently waiting till I see these in person to make the decision between Subie and this.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Okay, so I finally got to see an RS in person. It was a Shadow Black pre-production model. Firstly, the paint on this was garbage haha. I couldn't sit in it but I snagged a picture of the vin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks like they already have this one in the list. build date was 9/15/15 and assuming its the same one I saw, I will agree with you that the paint was absolute garbage. lots of scratches and swirls

·
Registered
111 Posts
looks like they already have this one in the list. build date was 9/15/15 and assuming its the same one I saw, I will agree with you that the paint was absolute garbage. lots of scratches and swirls
Lots of sections were way to heavily sprayed. Lots of orange peel. I noticed corrosion on the top of the intercooler. Car was overall pretty dirty, I'm sure this thing had been used for testing/ has had the piss beaten out of it. :sneakiness: None of this worries me though, as it's a pre production car. Actually seeing one definitely makes me want mine more than I did yesterday.
IMG_7822.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm moving back to MA now. I know it is too late or lazy to ask, but if you know any dealer may still have allocations in the New England area, please kindly let me know. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm moving back to MA now. I know it is too late or lazy to ask, but if you know any dealer may still have allocations in the New England area, please kindly let me know. Thanks a lot.
I was told by the guy that sets up factory orders at Watertown Ford that they still have their 6th (their last allocation) available, but i'm a little sketched out by this because when i secured my allocation, i was 3 of 3, now they have 6? Does anyone know why they would have more allocations all of the sudden?
definitely give them a call though

41 - 60 of 1072 Posts