Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
the snow should be gone before any of us see our car but the salt on the other hand doesnt seem to get swept up till may
effing salt is such BS
Honestly if the snow isn't, a huge snow covered parking lot would be awesome. Set up some cones make a crazy auto-x course and see how the RS can dance.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Honestly if the snow isn't, a huge snow covered parking lot would be awesome. Set up some cones make a crazy auto-x course and see how the RS can dance.
if it gets cold enough there are clubs that organize ice racing. might be getting ahead of ourselves, but I always wanted to give it a go. love or hate the ice and snow, this will be my daily driver, so the plan is to get dedicated snows. currently I have my eye on 235/40/18 Hakkapeliitta 8's, but they wont help my drift game much, but on the plus side id have to be high centered to get stuck

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ice racing would be dope

if it gets cold enough there are clubs that organize ice racing. might be getting ahead of ourselves, but I always wanted to give it a go. love or hate the ice and snow, this will be my daily driver, so the plan is to get dedicated snows. currently I have my eye on 235/40/18 Hakkapeliitta 8's, but they wont help my drift game much, but on the plus side id have to be high centered to get stuck

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Ice racing would be dope
Totally agree. The UpstateNYST group I belong to has some members that do some ice racing. They usually have beaters they use, but sometimes there are a few ST's out there. I think it would be awesome to get an RS on the ice and see how its dances.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would be very interested in a track day, and playing on the ice should be a blast too (I have to assume you've all seen the video of testing in Sweden on the ice).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
What are some good driving roads in new England? I'm currently in western mass but gobto Eastern mass,Vermont and Maine pretty often.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Totally agree. The UpstateNYST group I belong to has some members that do some ice racing. They usually have beaters they use, but sometimes there are a few ST's out there. I think it would be awesome to get an RS on the ice and see how its dances.
I've done some ice racing myself, not in a few years but it is a blast. I know the local group president CNY Ice racers. Insurance has been a problem as it's getting more difficult to obtain but if there is ice, they find a way.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Watertown MA,625 Pleasant St, Watertown, MA 02472
They have 3 allocations, I got the second one:)
AND i got the 3rd!!
RS2, black, forged wheels. -MSRP ( although i think im paying a delivery charge, i'll have to check)
Wicked pumped, i will not miss driving the last few months of winter weather on my summer tires

Reactions: lymerock

·
Registered
287 Posts
id like to see a convoy of like 20 RS's and 50 ST's. that would be freaking great thing to see.
+1 that would be sick

I'm also down for a track day at some point. i just got in to autox and a track day is the next logical step.

·
Registered
140 Posts
First post here!!!

First on the list at Bonnell Ford in Winchester, MA.

NB, RS1, Forged at MSRP.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice, I live right up the street from Bonnell, they were my first choice, but they were out of allocations by the time I rolled around

·
Registered
140 Posts
welcome to the madness.
and the waiting game...
Thank you.

So my buddy told me he was listening to Matt Farror's podcast the other day, Farror said that all vehicles that's built in 2016 and being import to US will have a 90 days "inspection" period before it can ship to the dealers. Idk how true this is, but if it's true then we won't see our car until probably June or July.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 1072 Posts