Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zenose10.jpg

By John Calne, 11 Nov 2015

Niche sportscar maker Zenos is planning to put the engine from the Ford Focus RS into its E10 roadster.

Already available with a 2.0-litre Ford unit in a choice of 200 and 250bhp form, the E10 is desiged to work just as well with more powerful engines. While wringing more from the existing 2.0 Ecoboost lump is an option, it’s understood that Zenos is now leaning towards the latest 2.3-litre unit.

Either way, the new E10 will boast 300+bhp and go to the top of a three-strong range in which engine power is the key defining factor. That will mean a 0-62 time of less than 4.0 seconds and a comparable power to weight ratio to cars like the Lotus 3-Eleven and Caterham 620R.

But Zenos is all about affordability, and the new range-topper won’t go crazy on price. The current E10 and E100S cost from £24,995 and £29,995 respectively – so as well as a good power to weight ratio this will have a winning fun-per-pound ratio too.

New British supercar plans to use a Ford Focus RS engine - Get Bucks

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wonder if we'll hear more from the Mastretta MXT since it was using the Ford 2.0 duratec engine?

2012-mastretta-mxt.jpg

Richard Hammond still has a problem with getting into Mexico after his last incident.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Richard Hammond still has a problem with getting into Mexico after his last incident.
Hmmm, speaking of Hammond wouldn't it be interesting if their new Amazon based car series opened with a review of the RS...would be quite a coup for Ford marketing who so far have done an incredible job with the build up !

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Very cool, but verrry expensive. And only UK for now, unless you have uber-bucks.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I love all these British companies making small lightweight driver focused vehicles. I'm more of an Atom fan and it is on my list to get, even though I can't register it in MA. If I had the money though, it would be a BAC MONO.

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
337 Posts
Recently heard about this development as well. Apparently, Ansar Ali, one of the founders, left some time ago. I was in the process of putting one of these cars together when the US distribution reorganized. Very clever engineering and design which brought the use of carbon fiber down to a new price point that their neighbor, Lotus, would do well to adopt. It's a pretty crowded niche, I recently read there's 40-50 different track focused car manufacturers in Britain. Though they sold quite a few cars, they missed their mark on initial sales upon which the rest of their line hinged. Anxious investors. House of cards. Unforunately happens to new companies more often than not.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Cars like the Zenos are why I want to buy a Miata and turn it into an Exocet. Exomotive has the right idea for the cheap track rat idea. Built a tube chassis that lightens things up significantly, and design it to use the running gear from a cheaply available car.

I loved the Zenos in the Grand Tour episode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
thirdgen89gta
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing