Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I’m going to invest in a new battery. I’ve searched the forum and read “How to choose a battery” good but basic. Lots of people mention Optima Red Top.
The car is stored winters, in heat. I use a quality trickle charger, in a way, some may question.
i don’t set it and forget it. I try to duplicate driving. Eg, trickle two days, disconnect for 4-5, repeat.
I do this for banks of RV & boat batteries as well. I get good life doing this, right or wrong.
Anyway, I’d be interested in your choices and experiences.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Strongly consider getting one of these. They help extend the life of a battery, I've had good results with mine so far:

I only bought a new battery because I'll be storing my RS e for quite a while and I didn't want anyone to have to worry about it. With the charger listed, I probably could have gotten more life out of the battery. But as replacing this battery isn't so straightforward, I didn't want the car messed with if something happened and the car couldn't be moved. Call it a little insurance. I grabbed a Napa branded battery because it was $25 off but that deal is over as of a few days go. Anyway, I got this one: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP9848

I'm not sure if there is a better option than others regarding batteries. I ended up getting mine for half the price of the Optima and didn't have to wait for shipping, so I went with it.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
796 Posts
This winter I’m going to invest in a new battery. I’ve searched the forum and read “How to choose a battery” good but basic. Lots of people mention Optima Red Top.
The car is stored winters, in heat. I use a quality trickle charger, in a way, some may question.
i don’t set it and forget it. I try to duplicate driving. Eg, trickle two days, disconnect for 4-5, repeat.
I do this for banks of RV & boat batteries as well. I get good life doing this, right or wrong.
Anyway, I’d be interested in your choices and experiences.
Yellow top is deep cycle
Red isn’t
FYI
Choose wisely

both are awesome

Reactions: GmpaJimj
1 - 3 of 3 Posts