Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, recently my RS has been in my garage for about 5 weeks. I had the car on jack stands for majority of this time because did some upgrades and mods. In the process, i've installed a borla ATAK catback exhaust system & I have gotten my calipers painted Red. Fast forward, i have everything installed and i went to turn the car on and i'm having issues. I bled my brakes using the 2 person method and the master cylinder is full and well. No air in my lines. Im having two issues that i am not sure if they are connected to one another. First off the car will not start on its own. only way i can get it to start is by a jumper of a nother vehicle. Ive checked the battery and it test fine. Also i have successfully gotten rid of all lights on the vehicle. the ONLY code i receive is the code on the Accessport by Cobb. On the Read code section it tells me PO8B2 & says no description. Ive already tried clearing it which does work but as soon as i start the car up again and go check the code section it re appears.

I don't know if that has reason to why the car wont start? I'm really confused & any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't understand why i wont start on its own. it just clicks and flickers and i cant even get it to the ON position without a jumper or a battery charger.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
That sounds exactly like a dead battery to me, and you aren't the first person to have a battery that tested "good" and the problems went away with a fresh battery installed.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
When you say you got rid of all the lights on the vehicle, do you mean you physically removed them, including the headlights? I think removing those might throw a code.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Try and check all battery connections ( positive and ground at both ends ) :05.18-flustered:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try and check all battery connections ( positive and ground at both ends )
I second this. The main chassis ground on the RS is very finicky. I've disconnected it for a few days and the car wouldn't start but accessory mode worked five after I reconnected the ground. I filed ALL paint from the area the lug contacts and scuffed up the lug. Started right up.

I've also started the car with the headlamps and fog lights removed. It threw a code for the lights, but no other problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone, recently my RS has been in my garage for about 5 weeks. I had the car on jack stands for majority of this time because did some upgrades and mods. In the process, i've installed a borla ATAK catback exhaust system & I have gotten my calipers painted Red. Fast forward, i have everything installed and i went to turn the car on and i'm having issues. I bled my brakes using the 2 person method and the master cylinder is full and well. No air in my lines. Im having two issues that i am not sure if they are connected to one another. First off the car will not start on its own. only way i can get it to start is by a jumper of a nother vehicle. Ive checked the battery and it test fine. Also i have successfully gotten rid of all lights on the vehicle. the ONLY code i receive is the code on the Accessport by Cobb. On the Read code section it tells me PO8B2 & says no description. Ive already tried clearing it which does work but as soon as i start the car up again and go check the code section it re appears.

I don't know if that has reason to why the car wont start? I'm really confused & any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't understand why i wont start on its own. it just clicks and flickers and i cant even get it to the ON position without a jumper or a battery charger.

Thanks
Hi,

Could you fix it? I just have mine in garage to for 3 months with battery disconnected. Now, I'm getting the same code P08B2, if I try to start the car, engine is turning and turning but I found that no injection pulse is being sent (checked with COBB gauges).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm getting the same code. But it seams that nobody knows what code P08B2 really means. Please, could you help me solving this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have this code right now, however my car starts and runs just fine. Not sure what it is. C37E4EC5-8EFB-432A-8061-3A9AD5E265DC.jpeg

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have the same one, I was reading somewhere that the ecu will pull random codes if there is a ground missing.. still looking lol
I did drop a new shortblock in so that could make sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get the code on start up, I did install a battery disconnect switch and did install a lightweight battery as well not sure if that's my issue, but car seems to run fine 😕

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im gonna try something tonight to see if I can force the code. I think it might have to do with starting the car in first as well

·
Registered
465 Posts
So I got my front windows re tinted. When the doors are open, the front and rear lights won’t shut off unless you disconnect the battery. Thing is, they need to pull the windows up or down once in a while. It drained my battery pretty much dry, and once I got home I got a few off codes. The one you got was on the list.
I cleared the codes and they never came back up. First one is because im catless, but the remaining im assuming are from the battery. The shop are good friends, so I know they didn’t mess with anything. I tried boosting it when I was there, and it took a lot of time for it to gain charge. Car started up after a while.
Codes below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I got my front windows re tinted. When the doors are open, the front and rear lights won’t shut off unless you disconnect the battery. Thing is, they need to pull the windows up or down once in a while. It drained my battery pretty much dry, and once I got home I got a few off codes. The one you got was on the list.
I cleared the codes and they never came back up. First one is because im catless, but the remaining im assuming are from the battery. The shop are good friends, so I know they didn’t mess with anything. I tried boosting it when I was there, and it took a lot of time for it to gain charge. Car started up after a while.
Codes below

Haven’t got any of these codes yet. But I’m sub just to see if there is an answer. On a side note. Why do you get a code for catless. I run catless and do not get a code. But I put in a cheater into the second o2 sensor.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Haven’t got any of these codes yet. But I’m sub just to see if there is an answer. On a side note. Why do you get a code for catless. I run catless and do not get a code. But I put in a cheater into the second o2 sensor.

No cheater when I did the install. I can get my tuner to delete the code and it won’t ever pop up again, just forgot to request that. It pops up every few days

·
Registered
67 Posts
No cheater when I did the install. I can get my tuner to delete the code and it won’t ever pop up again, just forgot to request that. It pops up every few days

Ah yes. I will do that once I get a proper tune. Just running canned tune right now so didn’t want the code. Cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've checked all my grounds and the additional battery ground that I added a few months ago. But I still keep getting p08b2 every second day. Anyone figured out what this is definitively?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've checked all my grounds and the additional battery ground that I added a few months ago. But I still keep getting p08b2 every second day. Anyone figured out what this is definitively?
How new is your battery and what brand exactly?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts