Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my install. I installed the following items on my 2016 focus rs:

2.0 pandabuilt short block
Act 6 puck single disc
fuel surge tank
aux fuel with split second controller (currently not running because I am still on a "break in" tune)
precision turbo
pcv oil catch can kit
steamspeed fmic
cpe stage 2 rmm

These upgrades really have nothing to do with my current issue (at least that is what I believe). After the install of everything the car started up fine, I adjusted the fuel surge tank to the appropriate pressure prescribed by my tuner (75 psi). No check engine light and no leaks, flawless install, everything installed and torqued in accordance with the latest version of the shop manual (given to me from a local ford dealership).

The problem I cant figure out is that when I go to start the car I instantly get the following faults: "awd off", "drive mode selection not available", "hill assist not available". I also get a constant "traction control" and "ABS" indicator and the speedometer reads "0" even when driving. The weirdest thing is that it takes 3 to 4 rapid presses of the "start/stop" button to turn the vehicle off. I am sure this is related to the BCM or PCM as they were the only devices unplugged during the removal of the OEM motor. I have not began to start checking fuses because I wanted to see if anyone has input on where to start so Im not in there checking them one by one. I also disconnected the battery, unplugged and re-seated the large relay in the fuse box under the hood next to the air box. Anybody have expertise or experience they are willing to share?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Have you put any miles on the car yet? I’ve gotten awd/drive mode errors a lot, on loose surfaces like ice racing. The reason is the system loses ‘sync’ of what normal is, so you have to go drive a few minutes on proper concrete first for it to relearn and reset. It could also be just some simple ass plug ruining it all

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Read check engine codes and check all electrical grounds, especially the ones grounding the bumper support on the driver's side (see Samcrac video). Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
722 Posts
ABS sensor in the front knuckles. 100%

If that's your only issue after installing all of that then well done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts