Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need a source for these OEM Brembo parts.
Ford is not going to offer.
As cheep as a new caliper is from Ford its too much to replace these after every track event.

I've already use all the seals from AA trophy

Tried to contact Brembo no reply from email and I don't have a US phone number.

Any help here?

j

·
Registered
659 Posts
Need a source for these OEM Brembo parts.
Ford is not going to offer.
As cheep as a new caliper is from Ford its too much to replace these after every track event.

I've already use all the seals from AA trophy

Tried to contact Brembo no reply from email and I don't have a US phone number.

Any help here?

j
Your seals are deteriorating at the end of each track day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup... So are others .. That is for those of us using the brakes.
:smug: dust seals.jpg

This is after one weekend. After 2 weekends there is very little left around the piston.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've been tracking mine as well, but I haven't looked at the pistons. I guess I should!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah... good luck with that.

Piston seals seem to be standard Brembo seals, but the dust seals are a really bizarre part. I contacted a few Brembo distributors that told me the part number (stamped on the dust seal) doesn't exist and to contact Ford for a rebuild kit.

Calipers are $124 each from Tasca (plus $50 core charge) and you'll need two new bolts to fasten them to the knuckle (they're TTY bolts and for brakes I would NOT mess around with reusing them) so it's a pretty cheap repair.

Honestly, if you don't drive the car in winter I wouldn't worry about replacing the dust seals. Maybe rebuild the calipers every year, but that's pretty easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just leave the debris seals off for track season and clean the pistons off before resetting them between pad changes.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Yeah... good luck with that.

Piston seals seem to be standard Brembo seals, but the dust seals are a really bizarre part. I contacted a few Brembo distributors that told me the part number (stamped on the dust seal) doesn't exist and to contact Ford for a rebuild kit.

Calipers are $124 each from Tasca (plus $50 core charge) and you'll need two new bolts to fasten them to the knuckle (they're TTY bolts and for brakes I would NOT mess around with reusing them) so it's a pretty cheap repair.

Honestly, if you don't drive the car in winter I wouldn't worry about replacing the dust seals. Maybe rebuild the calipers every year, but that's pretty easy.
I bought extra bolts when I did my calipers and pulled the old ones out and compared them to the new ones, they were absolutely identical.

Does Ford say they are TTY?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I bought extra bolts when I did my calipers and pulled the old ones out and compared them to the new ones, they were absolutely identical.

Does Ford say they are TTY?
The FSM says they're TTY. 85 ft-lbs + 90 degrees. That 90 degrees is quite a bit of stretch, I compared new ones to the ones I took out and the old ones were stretched.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What numbers are stamped into the dust boots? I can double check them. We stock seals and dust boots. I've never come across "unique" sizes.
20 77 99 06

The ID is a LOT smaller than the OD, which is pretty abnormal. If you can find the dust seals that would be awesome as I'd like to rebuild my spares.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At this point and not only because of the dust seal issue but I'm very seriously thinking of going to aftermarket CNC calipers and 2 pc rotors. I don't think I will be happy with the track performance with the OEM set up no matter what I do.

My left caliper is toast....

·
Registered
77 Posts
20 77 99 06

The ID is a LOT smaller than the OD, which is pretty abnormal. If you can find the dust seals that would be awesome as I'd like to rebuild my spares.
Yep, that is a unique dust boot. It's a different number sequence than what we stock. The only thing we have that is close is a 20779904 Dust Boot, 38mm, for Mazda Miata Gen4 OEM front. You may want to contact Hayworth Racing Brakes out of North Carolina. They do rebuilding for Brembo Racing. Call (336) 869-5511

·
Registered
43 Posts
Resurrection of a dead thread. Has anyone sourced dust boots for these calipers yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts