Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a go in my brother's 2006 NC Miata and had such a fun time. (And at such reasonable speeds!)

I always thought of the NC as being too soft and soggy to really be fun, but I found the opposite on my outing. The NC really flows over the rutted rural roads in wine country. Since my brother had meh tires on the car, there was plenty of power to play with the rear axle too.

Overall, it was so fun and rewarding! I enjoyed smelling the woods as I drove through them...I don't get that in the RS!

Anyway, if you want to read my full story about the NC, you can find it here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
The NC gets such a bad wrap because it's constantly compared to the NA and NB. Taken as it is, it's still a really great sports car. With NA and NB prices the way they are these daya, more and more folks are discovering (and appreciating) the NC chassis.

Reactions: 350bhp

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are great track cars too with tons of aftermarket support (you can bolt on a turbo and get ~300whp). I bought an ND last year to help keep the miles off the RS and I absolutely love it. Such a fun car and a great little affordable commuter.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My ex had a Miata wwaayy back when (can't remember what year it was----she changed vehicles like most people change their socks). Very nice car, but at 6' 2", it was too darn small for me to be comfortable in for more than about 30 miles. Nice write up on it!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My ex had a Miata wwaayy back when (can't remember what year it was----she changed vehicles like most people change their socks). Very nice car, but at 6' 2", it was too darn small for me to be comfortable in for more than about 30 miles. Nice write up on it!
What year or generation of Miata did she have? The NB and NA seem too small for me (also 6' 2"). The NC felt great!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Like I said she changed cars like most of us change our socks. It was rated at 140HP; and had oval headlight lens (as opposed to the squinty looking ones on earlier Miatas---so I'd guess it was a 2nd gen?)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had on 06 for a few years...it felt like I was speeding like a nut through town, and I would look down and realize I was doing the speed limit, lol! The car gave so much feedback and rotated so easily through corners...it was just too underpowered for the highway for me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had on 06 for a few years...it felt like I was speeding like a nut through town, and I would look down and realize I was doing the speed limit, lol! The car gave so much feedback and rotated so easily through corners...it was just too underpowered for the highway for me.
I guess that's a reason to take the side roads! :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Stacey David is the only one who did a Miata right.

Restyled, upgraded, 400HP 302 V8.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They are fun cars I bet. I refuse to drive one because it’s hard to not look like you have seen one up close when driving it.
Hence why I wanted a car similar I bought a rx8. I know not much better but it at least has a rotory.
Very fun car and I spend almost all track days in that thing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi all,

I had a go in my brother's 2006 NC Miata and had such a fun time. (And at such reasonable speeds!)

I always thought of the NC as being too soft and soggy to really be fun, but I found the opposite on my outing. The NC really flows over the rutted rural roads in wine country. Since my brother had meh tires on the car, there was plenty of power to play with the rear axle too.

Overall, it was so fun and rewarding! I enjoyed smelling the woods as I drove through them...I don't get that in the RS!

Anyway, if you want to read my full story about the NC, you can find it here.

Cheers!
Ha, that last paragraph in your article sums it up perfectly. And the NC is the porker of the Miata family. I've heard the ND is the best iteration yet and is truly deserving of its place among the best cars in the world- at any price.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha, that last paragraph in your article sums it up perfectly. And the NC is the porker of the Miata family. I've heard the ND is the best iteration yet and is truly deserving of its place among the best cars in the world- at any price.
:-D I'm very interested in the ND...but I am a huge steering snob and I expect to be slightly disappointed vs. the older hydraulic steering in the NC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.