Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone setup the MyKey feature? It asks to place the key in the backup location? Where is that? I check the manual but it says under my key that it's in another chapter but doesn't state which or where to find it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What @Greybush said. When you open the center console you can take out the little tray insert and on the very bottom of the console there's actually a little key fob symbol. This is where you put your spare key when setting up My Key.
I thought I place it in there I mustve had to much stuff underneath it. I'll try it again later tonight :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anybody have step by step instructions on how to set this up. What does it actually do?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody have step by step instructions on how to set this up. What does it actually do?
its great use for a spare key, it basically makes the car annoying to drive if you need to leave it with a dealer and they try driving it you can set parental guides practically on the car otherwise for your own personal key it doesnt do much good. I just used mykey for my spare so if I ever need to take it in or leave it anywhere I will dropoff the spare myKey. There are myKey features online and videos you can look up, again just puts restrictions on the car not so much individual user settings.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone else have issues with MyKey menu disappearing? I mean where you setup the key. I setup my first key and now cannot get to the menu where it was setup. When trying to use that specific key.

On the contrary, if i use the key not setup Mykey menu is available. Seems odd if you could only setup the key once. I hope its just a stupid bug.

I will use the other key for now.

·
Premium Member
2016 Focus RS2
347 Posts
A key that is not set up is an administrator key. Perhaps this is why the MyKey cannot be seen? It's no longer an admin key.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
A key that is not set up is an administrator key. Perhaps this is why the MyKey cannot be seen? It's no longer an admin key.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
That's exactly how it's designed to work. It would be senseless to be able to set the parameters of the MyKey using the fob that is designated as the MyKey.

I set mine up as a valet/dealer key and it really takes the fun out of driving the car. Especially with the speed limit alarm and the top speed limiter.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Anyone else have issues with MyKey menu disappearing? I mean where you setup the key. I setup my first key and now cannot get to the menu where it was setup. When trying to use that specific key.

On the contrary, if i use the key not setup Mykey menu is available. Seems odd if you could only setup the key once. I hope its just a stupid bug.

I will use the other key for now.
It wouldn't be much use if someone could access the menu and remove all the restrictions with the key you have set up. It's all in the Owner's Manual, including changing MyKey after it's been set up.

:facepalm:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does Ford sell additional RS keyfobs that can be programmed with MyKey, or is the programming limited to just 1 key of the initial pair that ship with the car?

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's exactly how it's designed to work. It would be senseless to be able to set the parameters of the MyKey using the fob that is designated as the MyKey.

I set mine up as a valet/dealer key and it really takes the fun out of driving the car. Especially with the speed limit alarm and the top speed limiter.
I was thinking it could be done with the PIN i remember setting up for the Valet setting in Sync3. Because if i want to reprogram the MyKey i am not really sure how this would be done? Since you can only put one Key at a time in the key holding location. So if i put the admin key in there it doesnt let me reprogram the other key.. Weird setup.

I will ask if they can reflash MyKey that i setup last time. For now i guess i just drive with the admin key.

·
Registered
846 Posts

I tried setting it up becuase i was thinking it would be great as a key to give the dealer... i was hoping for more limits such as max speed say 30mph since they or some valey parking would not need more. Time to look for another solution lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
In the manual there are instructions on how to reset the key you programmed. No reason to have the dealer do it.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Reactions: FoRS214

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry should have revisited this thread. It is very easy with the admin key to clear all keys. Just didnt see the menu until i went back to admin key (the key i didnt setup). Will play around with this more. It seems ideal for certain situations.

·
Registered
63 Posts

the settings really should be changed. The speed warnings begin at 45mph and there is only one max speed, 80mph.

Sure, you can force ESC on, but if the guy/gal can still rev to redline and get up to 80, it's useless.

When I had my last mustang, I created a custom tune to set the rev limiter to 3500 and the max speed to 10mph. Just flashed the tune when I left it with someone else, like valet or dealer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Down under mykey limits the car to 100kph or 60 mph and disables ESC off and disables all drive modes except normal. Pretty useful I?d say

1 - 20 of 23 Posts