Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Rizza Ford in January of 2015 to inquire about the RS. No one in the dealer really had a clue at this point to what it was, but they believed me and said I will have first shot at it. Once the order guide was available, I built my car. I inquired about X-plan, however, the GM said, "I will see how the demand is, and if it is not crazy we may be able to work out something. We agreed on MSRP and and had a signed Purchase agreement at MSRP with ran just a shade above 44K OTD. RS2 with Forged. My sales person was great, no complaints at all. Sent me ford info on the RS, placed the order right when banks opened and weekly updates on the production of my RS. Over that time I inquired about X-plan a few times, and the response was the same. No, it will be at sticker. I also had two other RS's on order at MSRP at other dealers, I cancelled them and even gave people on here their contact info. At the time I was also heavily considering at CLA45.

Well, my RS came in this last Friday. I talked to my salesman, and said I wanted to see it uncleaned, then I would take delivery Saturday.

No pictures with the wrap on it, but I was told it had the covers on the wheels.

Let me start with the good...

There was 10 miles on the the odo after initial fill up. My initial impressions, I was ecstatic, looks 10x better in person. I brought my father along, who has never been the greatest advocate of the RS. He was also quite impressed. My salesman was off at the time, but the GM walked us back there. He was mentioning how other dealers are charging huge ADM's, I thought this was backing up that my price for sticker was great. I went for a test drive, let me just say, I love this car. It is exactly what I am looking for. I could barely contain my excitement. The ride was just about perfect, the seats were snug but comfortable, I am 6'1" 36" waist and 245lbs. My father and friend were in the back seat and were also comfortable. My only surprise was how light the clutch was, which I got used to after the first or second start up. Shifter engagement was lovely, and really liked everything about it. The interior quality was fine, while not on par with say an R8, I had no qualms about it. I was on the fence on the RS, but after the test drive I was beyond sold.

Now the bad...

After the test drive, the manager vaguely mentioned what other cars where going for and told me to do research on it. Which I thought was odd. So I get up Saturday, I could barely sleep by the way due to the excitement. I called my Father who took the day off to drive me to the dealer, then I saw a text message from my salesman and told me to call him. The gist of the conversation, the owner of Rizza Ford caught wind of how in demand these cars are, wanted to charge an ADM on MY RS. Well, I wasn't the happy to say the slightest, completely blind sighted. He said, let me talk it over with the GM and owner.

My salesman called back, and his voice sounded of despair, the end result... TEN THOUSAND above sticker. 10K? ADM was never even mentioned over the entire time I waited for my RS. Not once! Talk about unscrupulous and underhanded. Worst about about it, I am a repeat customer of the Rizza chain. I have bought two cars from them. I cannot tell you how completely disappointed I was, and still am. The salesman was also in shock. Again my salesman was fantastic, it is not his even remotely his fault. I called the GM to no avail. After over a year and a half of waiting, my RS finally arrives and walk away empty handed, no RS.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with any RIZZA dealer. If this is how they treat a repeat customer, just imagine what they do with everyone else.

With that said, still leaves me in quite the conundrum. I want an RS, and don't have one. With all the 2016's accounted for in my area, I went on the hunt. A few dealers did have a couple coming in, but all with ADM. 2.5 to 5K ADM. Decided to go back to where I had one of my other orders. They had a unaccounted 2016 coming in with no options in [email protected] MSRP, after mulling it over. I decided to order a 2017. They had the order guide, but the banks were not open. The price did go up about $200 year over year. I "rebuilt" my RS for a second time. White, RS2, Forged, No Moonroof. Excellent service. They will place the order when banks open. Now the wait begins...again.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You need to show them this:

We agreed on MSRP and and had a signed Purchase agreement at MSRP with ran just a shade above 44K OTD.
You signed an agreement. How can they back out of that? Maybe you need to threaten them with a lawsuit of false advertisement.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Let them sit on it for a few months then go get it at MSRP. They are popping up at MSRP at dealers around the country (like the one in Florida just last week, and he's checking his other inventory to find more to sell at MSRP) so paying an ADM at this point is just beyond stupid IMO.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dude, that's ****ed up. I'm sorry but that is complete bull****. I really hope that doesn't happen to me when it finally comes in.

Only thing I am worried about now is we did nothing in writing and it was all verbal because they didn't even know what I was talking about. ****....

·
Registered
544 Posts
If they don't drop that and honor their initial price, I would walk away. Did you sign anything "locking-in" the price?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
We agreed on MSRP and and had a signed Purchase agreement at MSRP with ran just a shade above 44K OTD.
This is a contract. They are in breach of it. Tell them you are getting a lawyer.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Did you ever get a signed agreement on the price? (I have one in my file at home that ill be taking to the dealership when i take delivery) They technically have to abide by the signed price or its basically bait and switch (if that's the right analogy..), sucks to hear them do that.. especially 10k, jesus..

EDIT:
re-read and saw you had a signed agreement, eff em! tell them you'll get a lawyer to honor the contract cause that's bull****!

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you have a signed agreement on price they shouldn't be able to throw an adm on there like that. I kind of have a feeling that a lot of dealers will be trying this, which saddens me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ford does a survey that gets sent to corporate and reflects on the dealership as a whole. I know because shakers ford in Watertown didn't get a nice survey from me when I bought my Raptor in 2012.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you have a signed agreement, I would hold them to that or contact a lawyer.. I have my agreement for 1k over msrp and i'm definitely holding on to it!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've always considered renting one of those large portable signs and putting it across from the dealer. "Dishonest Thieves" with an arrow or something pointing to them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The lawyer route is an option, but the manager did not sign the PO, I signed it.

I have ran into this once before with a used Corvette. Worked the deal one night, signed documents, came in to pick the car up the next day, and they wouldn't sell it to me for that price. New car sales manager sold the car too cheap, the used car manager squashed the deal. I called a friend of my father's, who was a GM for a rather large Ford dealer at the time, wish he still was. I told him about the PO, and he asked if I had the car in my possession. He said if I had the car, I had them. If not, I didn't have much.

Also, the cost of the lawyer option will be as if I was paying a ADM.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The lawyer route is an option, but the manager did not sign the PO, I signed it.

I have ran into this once before with a used Corvette. Worked the deal one night, signed documents, came in to pick the car up the next day, and they wouldn't sell it to me for that price. New car sales manager sold the car too cheap, the used car manager squashed the deal. I called a friend of my father's, who was a GM for a rather large Ford dealer at the time, wish he still was. I told him about the PO, and he asked if I had the car in my possession. He said if I had the car, I had them. If not, I didn't have much.

Also, the cost of the lawyer option will be as if I was paying a ADM.
**** man.

Can you file a complaint with the BBB? Do you have any documentation at all of pricing? A text, email, anything?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts