Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car with 300 miles or so has been at service since 2-28 due to rpm hovering anywhere between 1500 to 2500 rpm and misfires. The head and head gasket were replaced on this car. Ford denied my buy back because I have only taken it back three times for the same issue and it has t been 30 days yet... well looks like 30 days will be up in a week and I doubt they will have a fix for it by then. The techs at the dealer and at Ford are at a loss and don’t know what is going on. I guess it’s a waiting game now. I hope I can either locate another new 17 or an 18 somewhere. If you have any leads on an 18 please let me know!

·
Registered
631 Posts
My car with 300 miles or so has been at service since 2-28 due to rpm hovering anywhere between 1500 to 2500 rpm and misfires. The head and head gasket were replaced on this car. Ford denied my buy back because I have only taken it back three times for the same issue and it has t been 30 days yet... well looks like 30 days will be up in a week and I doubt they will have a fix for it by then. The techs at the dealer and at Ford are at a loss and don’t know what is going on. I guess it’s a waiting game now. I hope I can either locate another new 17 or an 18 somewhere. If you have any leads on an 18 please let me know!
Pics or service tags or this thread will be rifles of gunfire . FYI

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a really bad situation and I feel your pain. Having served a three year term on Ford's Dispute Settlement Board, where I arbitrated Lemon Law cases, I'd recommend that you insist that the dealership get a Field Service Engineer out, to evaluate your car. It would be much easier for you, and the dealer, if someone who knew what they were doing, could diagnose and repair your car. That being said, if the Field Engineer fails, that would totally meet the qualification for a buyback, under the terms of the Lemon Law. My hunch is that someone screwed up the head gasket repair and pinched a wire or something else, equally stupid. But, a Ford FSE should be able to figure that out; and fix it!

Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

·
5,586 Posts
Dealer non master tech incompetence

Go for the buy back.
Good luck bro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a really bad situation and I feel your pain. Having served a three year term on Ford's Dispute Settlement Board, where I arbitrated Lemon Law cases, I'd recommend that you insist that the dealership get a Field Service Engineer out, to evaluate your car. It would be much easier for you, and the dealer, if someone who knew what they were doing, could diagnose and repair your car. That being said, if the Field Engineer fails, that would totally meet the qualification for a buyback, under the terms of the Lemon Law. My hunch is that someone screwed up the head gasket repair and pinched a wire or something else, equally stupid. But, a Ford FSE should be able to figure that out; and fix it!

Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
I’m located in Texas. Prior to retaining an attorney for my lemon law case, I had asked Ford for an engineer to come out after the dealer failed to figure this whole thing out. My Ford case manager offered to pay one months payment and offer an extended warranty. They dragged their feet on getting someone out, so I opted to go this route.
The firm asked for some documents one being copies of my service records and they are now refusing to give them to me 😂🙄

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’m located in Texas. Prior to retaining an attorney for my lemon law case, I had asked Ford for an engineer to come out after the dealer failed to figure this whole thing out. My Ford case manager offered to pay one months payment and offer an extended warranty. They dragged their feet on getting someone out, so I opted to go this route.
The firm asked for some documents one being copies of my service records and they are now refusing to give them to me ����
Geezo...that's awful! The Ford dealer is just being hostile and stupid, by not providing you the records you need. No worries though...your attorney can subpoena them and they will HAVE to produce them. That might even be better, as the records will contain the "hard" copies of the repair orders, which contains the technician's hand-written notes. Could be very incriminating for FoMoCo?

I'm so sorry to here that your dilemma has gotten this far off the track. Ultimately, if FoMoCo is forced to buy your car back, they may charge the cost of it to the dealer, based on the amount of incompetence and stupidity they've exhibited! Of course, that's not your concern; just something I learned about during my tenure on the Dispute Settlement Board.

Again...best of luck to you and keep us posted. This is a hot topic for all RS owners who have experienced the head gasket recall.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Consider calling Ford Service and opening a case. You're getting close for them buying it back. If you're lucky they'll cut you a check for MSRP, then go and buy one of the few remaining virgin RS out there. Or a gently used one and save a few thousand bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts