Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't have a whole lot to add but I wanted to share two things I noticed.

1) The RS2 seats are cushier than the seats in my ST3. By that I mean the ST3 seats are very firm on the seat bottom like the leather is overstuffed. The RS2 seats were shaped the same, but not as firm and in my opinion they seem like they will be more comfortable.

2) Even though it comes with a short throw shifter its not as short as my ST with the Cobb plate set to 40% reduction. I think I will need to pick up another product similar to the short shift plate in my ST.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

1) The RS2 seats are cushier than the seats in my ST3. By that I mean the ST3 seats are very firm on the seat bottom like the leather is overstuffed. The RS2 seats were shaped the same, but not as firm and in my opinion they seem like they will be more comfortable.

2) Even though it comes with a short throw shifter its not as short as my ST with the Cobb plate set to 40% reduction. I think I will need to pick up another product similar to the short shift plate in my ST.
Sounds Awesome ...Can't wait :rapture:

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
504 Posts
Maybe the seat is softer because of the 1000 times people have sat in it? If it's a car travelling around to events people are gething in and out of it constantly. But let's keep fi.gers crossed for comfortable support seats!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Maybe the seat is softer because of the 1000 times people have sat in it? If it's a car traveling around to events people are getting in and out of it constantly. But let's keep fingers crossed for comfortable support seats!
Actually that is good because it sounds like it breaks in kind of like the ST/ST3 Recaros; a little tight at first, at least for the seat width challenged, like me, and then they felt pretty darn good. :victorious:

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - I still liked the way the 1990 Taurus SHO seats were with adjustable bolster ( I think I am remembering correctly :positive::single_eye: )

·
Registered
96 Posts
@Xicutioner Could you tell if they improved the pedal position from the stock ST. Looks like in some of the photos that they made the gas pedal closer to being in line with the brake pedal but distance apart looks about the same. Wondering if i'll need to reinstall my pedal spacer from the ST to make things like heel towing a bit easier. See below for example:
garage-line-2013-ford-focus-st-accelerator-pedal-mount.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
@Xicutioner Could you tell if they improved the pedal position from the stock ST. Looks like in some of the photos that they made the gas pedal closer to being in line with the brake pedal but distance apart looks about the same. Wondering if i'll need to reinstall my pedal spacer from the ST to make things like heel towing a bit easier. See below for example:
View attachment 3884
Obviously to each his own... But the point of the lower accelerator pedal is so you can roll/heel-toe your foot onto the accelerator while you are depressing the brake pedal on turn entry. If they were the same starting height it can be a bit awkward to get the right edge of your shoe on the gas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Obviously to each his own... But the point of the lower accelerator pedal is so you can roll/heel-toe your foot onto the accelerator while you are depressing the brake pedal on turn entry. If they were the same starting height it can be a bit awkward to get the right edge of your shoe on the gas.
Problem for me was on the ST the brakes were pretty sensitive and started to bite high up in the pedal travel so with the gas as low as it was it made it hard to heel toe without it being jerky or having to distort your ankle in odd positions. Not saying it was impossible or didn't work well for others but for my anatomy it wasn't comfortable. I agree with you though to each his own that's why i'm asking so I know if I should prepare to remove the spacer I have or not.

By the way thanks Xicutioner and everyone else who's been posting from the NAIAS with updated pictures and info my addiction thanks you.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Maybe everyone who sat in it farted on it and all the toxic pressurised gasses have broken down the foam elasticity?

·
Registered
892 Posts
View attachment 3884
The bottom of the brake and accelerator pedals were level, as in the "before" picture.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Hopefully people have heard some complaints on the seat and changed them?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How would you compare the bolster height and firmness, and width between them?
The dimensions seemed to be about the same. The bolsters had the same sort of squishy-ness about them that the seat bottoms did. Personally I think they will have no problem holding you in (maybe not quite as amazing as the harder ST3 seats), but will probably be more forgiving than the current seats. In my opinion it's a better compromise of comfort and ... umm ... security? (words?)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe the seat is softer because of the 1000 times people have sat in it? If it's a car travelling around to events people are gething in and out of it constantly. But let's keep fi.gers crossed for comfortable support seats!
Keep in mind I've been driving my car almost every day for ~700 days? So on average maybe 3 entry/exits per day so (2100 cycles)?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
View attachment 3884
S***! I knew I was forgetting to check something... Sorry, I don't recall. There was a line of dudes waiting to sit in it and I didn't bother adjusting the seat or remember to look closely at the pedal spacing.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Couldn't it be a placebo effect...? I thought it was same exact seats as ST3 focus
I won't rule anything out, but I did physically press down on the seat bottom and bolster with my hand to get a feel for it. I should have quickly walked over to the ST at the show and done the same :/

1 - 20 of 31 Posts