Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'm guessing the only way to ensure you have a great experience with your next car is to buy a Lexus... Which though is Toyota, is the best customer experience in Australia out of all manufacturers. And I hear the same thing in the US.
^Accurate. My parents have owned nothing but Lexus the last 10 yrs (note, all used/CPO cars) and they have always been well taken cared of. They pretty much balk at the idea of owning anything else, even any of the "fancy" German brands.

Hyundai/Genesis & Kia have been similarly great as well, although my brother tells me that the dealer/buying experience side has been on a steady decline, specially with the introduction of the Veloster N (read: ridiculous dealer mark-ups, sound familiar RS owners? lol)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
^Accurate. My parents have owned nothing but Lexus the last 10 yrs (note, all used/CPO cars) and they have always been well taken cared of. They pretty much balk at the idea of owning anything else, even any of the "fancy" German brands.

Hyundai/Genesis & Kia have been similarly great as well, although my brother tells me that the dealer/buying experience side has been on a steady decline, specially with the introduction of the Veloster N (read: ridiculous dealer mark-ups, sound familiar RS owners? lol)
You know its harder than you think to make a judgement on "service" these day because quite frankly 99% of people out there wouldn't really know if they got bad service. Service these days as judged by Joe Average is a case of, were there donuts supplied and how good was the coffee while I was waiting for my car to be serviced. Did I deal with a service manager in a suit that called me Sir. Was there a lounge and TV available, did I need to cue or wait long, did they wash my car when they finished, did they give me a courtesy car, were the front of house staff nice. The list goes on.
In fact the average Joe has zero idea about any of the technical stuff at all, wouldn't even know how to get the hood open most of the time. As long as the afore mentioned stuff is provided and the car starts and runs and doesn't leave an oily mess on the driveway they consider the service they got to be great.
I dont give a **** about all that stuff I just want a competent mechanic that will do a first rate quality job on my car and treat it with respect same as he would his own.
Whats the point asking Joe Average that cant open the hood about "service", no point at all because all they have experience or knowledge about is "hospitality" .
Twenty five years ago my mate worked as a warranty manager for one of the big Japanese Motorcycle manufacturers in their head office here.I mentioned to him in conversation how the Japanese built bikes these days are pretty much bullet proof. He just looked at me and said, no, not bullet proof, "dealer proof".

Ciao

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I loathe taking my car to the dealership for any warranty or recall work.

I hate reviewing the dashcam footage to see how they mistreated my car. Especially when most of the techs that work on my car either joy ride it, or just rev bomb their co workers in the garage(no one has launched it but they have banged the limiter a few times), disconnect the dashcam completely, or my favorite, completely talk $hit about my car and anyone who would buy one.

When I had the head gasket recall done, I couldn't get over how much grease and oil was covering the entire front of the car. When they brought it out to me I was convinced they scratched the paint so severely it was going to need a repaint. Fortunately it came off with lots of elbow grease(pun intended).

It's come to the point that if anything needs to be fixed on the car, I'll gladly pay my trusted mechanic. Unless the car needs warranty work which I pray it won't but I doubt it, I will not take it to them.
The RS only goes there for the free oil changes that come with extended warranty. Once those expire, never again. I honestly don't know if I'll buy another new Ford again.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts