Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
why would not say ! so i called the sister dealer asked if i'm welcome . yes was the answer . upon arrival at dealer no 2 i told them what just happened they said

any ford dealership can 86 you for a bad internal review of their service of your car .

WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME , no service manager says not kidding . so if i give an honest review of service under the guise we want to have good customer service you get banished. what if this was the only dealer ship for miles like where i bought the car . but not where i live thankfully. i'm shocked .

what was the bad review .

that im disappointed that i have to take my receipt and search the internet and forums to find out what ford did to my car . Hell the employees say i'm not allowed to have any interaction pertaining to my cars service none!
now i am told by ford that it is ford policy to service my car as if it were a toaster. i spent a year looking for a fair deal on a RS purchased thanksgiving '16 500 miles from my home . today the car has 12500 miles on it and this dealer had my car for almost 5 weeks last year alone. they forced me to do a head gasket , then the car leaked oil everywhere complained they did bad service , took it back fixed leak and let me think they did bad service when the leak was the RDU the second time . every time i get my car back the entire car is reset . and i have to configure the car like it was new.

whats going on at ford . if this is not resolved to my satisfaction i will try to put this on the local news as that is my area of work .
obviously its not typing and spelling lol

and yea i have a '14 ST for the wife she calls my car the boyfriend haha
any one had this kind of experience
i emailed the Gen manager today
i love my RS and it hurts me to think it is not taken care of

chrim

·
Registered
62 Posts
S h i t t y dealerships and technicians really ruin the experience of this car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I truly cringe taking my car to the dealership. I use to customize cars for a living and treated every customer’s car better than I would my own. Unfortunately most places aren’t that way, or maybe it’s because most mechanics don’t care about their own cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I truly cringe taking my car to the dealership. I use to customize cars for a living and treated every customer’s car better than I would my own. Unfortunately most places aren’t that way, or maybe it’s because most mechanics don’t care about their own cars.

same i build street and track rx-7 s over 100 cars in the last 15 years . ill do anything to save a viable car even flip a car at no profit knowing i made car culture better.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I've had a similar experience unfortunately, albeit much milder. There is a very active RS owner local to me who happens to be the "master tech" at my local dealer. He was "the guy" all the locals would go to since he is pretty chill and usually turns a blind eye on any modifications when doing warranty work, so of course, I went with him for my HG recall. He took care of me well enough, but when I got my car back, it came back with weird noises (which later turned out to be a loose heat shield) and an oil leak, so I left him an "ok" review (not a bad one, but not all "10's" as he usually requests). I stopped hearing back from him and the service writer when trying to come back to get the noise and leak addressed, so I ended up going to another dealer.

Later, while chatting with another friend, who used to be a subaru tech, he mentioned that there's usually some form of incentive or money involved with these customer reviews. Either the individual/whole dealership gets a bonus month end for having complete customer satisfaction, or somebody gets punished for lack of.

This was probably why the OP got "black listed". They probably only welcome sheep customers who will give them high marks for lackluster service/work. Keep that in mind the next time your service writer asks you to take a "quick survey" and give just them "all high scores" before you leave.

·
Registered
184 Posts
@BigFatFlip - I used to work for a SaaS company that manages some of these programs for different manufacturers and hotel chains, etc... From a scoring perspective if the scores are on a 10 point scale, anything lower than 9 hurts them and anything lower than 7 hurts the overall score even more. For 5 point scale 5 is the only "good" score, 4 is neutral and 1-3 are bad.

And while I understand their desire to get high scores, most dealerships try to game the system to get an advantage (I know that some manufacturers would actually remove a dealer from their networks if their scores go too low but most of them try to get into the top percentage regionally or nationally to get some recognition or access to more desired vehicles).

My usual behavior with these surveys is that if I'm not happy with the service I'd skip the survey, although I had one of my local Ford dealers have it after they messed up on multiple fronts when replacing engine mounts on my wife's 2005 Focus. When we got the car back she was adamant that her foot will not step inside that dealership ever again so I did not hold back when filling the survey. During the follow up from the dealership that I got to see that there were so many things broken there that it didn't even make sense for me to engage further with them.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
My usual behavior with these surveys is that if I'm not happy with the service I'd skip the survey, although I had one of my local Ford dealers have it after they messed up on multiple fronts when replacing engine mounts on my wife's 2005 Focus. When we got the car back she was adamant that her foot will not step inside that dealership ever again so I did not hold back when filling the survey. During the follow up from the dealership that I got to see that there were so many things broken there that it didn't even make sense for me to engage further with them.
It's good to hear the other side of that perspective. I like your approach that if I'm feeling neutral or just slightly unsatisfied, to just skip the survey all together. At least that way, I'm neither helping or hurting anybody.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i emailed the general manager and so far no reply . this is my plan if they ignore me . complaint at BBB and have my sticker guy who does our signs and race cars re letter my van and 20 foot trailer with

friendly ford will banish you for a bad review of their service warranty or not

at that point i will park it in front of the ford dealer as i live 1 mile away

what think , ideas

it is my goal to cost them 10x what ford would have done for bad reviews . or more

·
Registered
152 Posts
Crappy dealer doesn't want you back? I'd say that's a blessing in disguise. Albeit an annoying one.

I wish I was banned from the dealer who put the wrong oil in - I was umming and ahing about it, should have just gone elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Your post screams a lack of details. I am hesitent to believe a dealership would 86s a customer for a bad review. There must be other conversations going on. If you keep it professional they'll still talk to you and work with you.

I should know, I had a dealer sell me a car that had hidden touch-up work that cost thousands to fix, and then the followup work by a third party paint shop was poor. I had dirt and fisheye all over the repainted sections.

But I kept it professional, and honestly I still have a good relationship with them. The service manager and I are not friends, but we are personable and when my RS started leaking oil from the timing cover to the head gasket, they got it taken care of quickly even though they didn't do the original work (the selling dealership did before I bought the car).

You need to get your issues together in a logical, professional email, and take them to the Ford Regional Rep if you can't get a response from the general manager or service manager. If you have acted unprofessional then it will be a difficult battle.

If you still do not get satisfaction, then you need to seek another dealership and write the attorney general. The BBB won't do squat for you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Crappy dealer doesn't want you back? I'd say that's a blessing in disguise. Albeit an annoying one.

I wish I was banned from the dealer who put the wrong oil in - I was umming and ahing about it, should have just gone elsewhere.
This ^^ - Just the fact that your dealer messed up a few jobs would be enough for me to take my business somewhere else. Absolutely wouldn't put up with any crap from dealers.

I bought 5 or 6 vehicles over a number of years from the three local dealers to 'test the waters'. Once I found the dealer that treated me and my vehicles with a bit of respect, they got my order for the new RS and a new truck.

I'll be going to them for my sons car soon and they know it so continue to treat me well but if the customer service drops i'll be off to the next one...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i emailed the general manager and so far no reply . this is my plan if they ignore me . complaint at BBB and have my sticker guy who does our signs and race cars re letter my van and 20 foot trailer with

friendly ford will banish you for a bad review of their service warranty or not

at that point i will park it in front of the ford dealer as i live 1 mile away

what think , ideas

it is my goal to cost them 10x what ford would have done for bad reviews . or more
Lmao, I worked at a dealer for many years. You sir are the crazy customer that everyone dreads

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lmao, I worked at a dealer for many years. You sir are the crazy customer that everyone dreads

The only reason to dread customers is if you aren't doing a good job, providing good customer service.

Mind you I don't condone the idea of picketing the dealer. Putting yourself at legal risk too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

as stated im a shop owner and never treat people bad because i got a bad review and they gave me another chance

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

if going to a shop for a year with 2 cars and 7 visits for service or warranty work with fair not great service and good reviews makes me a criminal for one bad review of honest opinion than dealer employees like you are the reason i make 30 year old cars new lol and think dealers are scum

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your post screams a lack of details. I am hesitent to believe a dealership would 86s a customer for a bad review. There must be other conversations going on. If you keep it professional they'll still talk to you and work with you.

I should know, I had a dealer sell me a car that had hidden touch-up work that cost thousands to fix, and then the followup work by a third party paint shop was poor. I had dirt and fisheye all over the repainted sections.

But I kept it professional, and honestly I still have a good relationship with them. The service manager and I are not friends, but we are personable and when my RS started leaking oil from the timing cover to the head gasket, they got it taken care of quickly even though they didn't do the original work (the selling dealership did before I bought the car).

You need to get your issues together in a logical, professional email, and take them to the Ford Regional Rep if you can't get a response from the general manager or service manager. If you have acted unprofessional then it will be a difficult battle.

If you still do not get satisfaction, then you need to seek another dealership and write the attorney general. The BBB won't do squat for you.

i didnt rant to them like i might here , and have done nothing but ask what gives and silence

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why would not say ! so i called the sister dealer asked if i'm welcome . yes was the answer . upon arrival at dealer no 2 i told them what just happened they said

any ford dealership can 86 you for a bad internal review of their service of your car .

WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME , no service manager says not kidding . so if i give an honest review of service under the guise we want to have good customer service you get banished. what if this was the only dealer ship for miles like where i bought the car . but not where i live thankfully. i'm shocked .

what was the bad review .

that im disappointed that i have to take my receipt and search the internet and forums to find out what ford did to my car . Hell the employees say i'm not allowed to have any interaction pertaining to my cars service none!
now i am told by ford that it is ford policy to service my car as if it were a toaster. i spent a year looking for a fair deal on a RS purchased thanksgiving '16 500 miles from my home . today the car has 12500 miles on it and this dealer had my car for almost 5 weeks last year alone. they forced me to do a head gasket , then the car leaked oil everywhere complained they did bad service , took it back fixed leak and let me think they did bad service when the leak was the RDU the second time . every time i get my car back the entire car is reset . and i have to configure the car like it was new.

whats going on at ford . if this is not resolved to my satisfaction i will try to put this on the local news as that is my area of work .
obviously its not typing and spelling lol

and yea i have a '14 ST for the wife she calls my car the boyfriend haha
any one had this kind of experience
i emailed the Gen manager today
i love my RS and it hurts me to think it is not taken care of

chrim

UPDATE my ford dealer at issue had the service manager call me . i spent almost 30 minutes on the phone . they said my survey stated i hated them and did not want service from them . i set her straight and said all for dealers treat me the same . they take my car service it and charge me . no interaction no explanation. no understanding. i said you guys wanted 5k over invoice and this is the service i get ,

i was assigned a service writer and a mechanic to deal with who will address my issues. i got an apology of sorts and i like the outcome.

note i took my rs to the sister dealership told them my whole story and complained auto start stop was disabled by ford . asked for oil chance and smog. they ignored my auto start issue and serviced my car . met the service writer upon pickup, and he told me nothing about my car or service , he said thank you thats it . wow ford just wow. i have several ford cars and trucks. but i think im done and am trying to decide if im going to sell the RS after 3 years and 12500 miles , oh well

thanks to all commenters even those who said i was the problem. i waited and gave them a chance to respond and was as nice as i could be.

be cool CHRIM

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like what Toyota are in Australia. They behave like they're doing you a favour selling you one of their very average cars, and then you're lucky if they actually change the oil. Ford isn't great here, but it's no where near as bad as you've experienced! (Apart from when they took my car for a joy ride and launched it). Sorry to hear. I'm guessing the only way to ensure you have a great experience with your next car is to buy a Lexus... Which though is Toyota, is the best customer experience in Australia out of all manufacturers. And I hear the same thing in the US.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts