Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is install lol l, I just don’t feel like paying someone and don’t feel like doing it myself.
Based on that install video that @FU3LD posted, it looks like its the same exact process as the CAE. I'm most definitely not a seasoned mechanic and I was able to install mine with no problems. The worst part of the install I remember was trying to get that air bag indicator plate on the center console off and cutting off those plastic shifter cable ends.

Just out of curiosity, those who do have the shifter (@Spetche @Magnus79), do you guys also replace the ball cup shifter cable ends on the transmission side? Did you have to modify the shift selector arm? The CAE replaces all the shifter ends and also requires that you hack off the counter weights on the shift selector arm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just out of curiosity, those who do have the shifter (@Spetche @Magnus79), do you guys also replace the ball cup shifter cable ends on the transmission side? Did you have to modify the shift selector arm? The CAE replaces all the shifter ends and also requires that you hack off the counter weights on the shift selector arm.
I am curious about this as well, someone in the install video's comments said they did not chop of the ends and re-used them. I would prefer to not have to cut the plastic ends off. However, I don't understand the potential trade off's to leaving the stock plastic ball ends to the metal ones provided.. Seem's like a lot of fuss for little to no benefit.

removing a solid connection for a metal one with a set screw just seem's like it could lead to problems sooner, but again I don't know what I don't know. :p

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
157 Posts
Mine was a direct drop in, no modifications needed.
Based on that install video that @FU3LD posted, it looks like its the same exact process as the CAE. I'm most definitely not a seasoned mechanic and I was able to install mine with no problems. The worst part of the install I remember was trying to get that air bag indicator plate on the center console off and cutting off those plastic shifter cable ends.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine was a direct drop in, no modifications needed.
nice! do you just have the coolerworx alone. or in combination with a short-shifter arm that attaches to the gearbox. the guy in the install video had the short shifter gearbox plate as well.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
157 Posts
nice! do you just have the coolerworx alone. or in combination with a short-shifter arm that attaches to the gearbox. the guy in the install video had the short shifter gearbox plate as well.
I have the mountune and coolerworx. Extremely short and wouldn’t recommend to everyone. It’s a try it and see if your comfortable with how it feels. If not you can just take the mountune off. Most guys do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the mountune and coolerworx. Extremely short and wouldn’t recommend to everyone. It’s a try it and see if your comfortable with how it feels. If not you can just take the mountune off. Most guys do.
perfect. that was exactly what I was looking at and debating. may pick up both and see how I like it, worst case someone on the forum will get a almost new mountune arm :p

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
157 Posts
perfect. that was exactly what I was looking at and debating. may pick up both and see how I like it, worst case someone on the forum will get a almost new mountune arm :p
i would suggest upgrading the bushings to.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ty for posting. I have a mountune ss arm as well.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Can anyone with a Coolerworx installed tell me how much higher the shift knob sits from stock? All the pictures I can find online has it sitting way higher than I'd like.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Can anyone with a Coolerworx installed tell me how much higher the shift knob sits from stock? All the pictures I can find online has it sitting way higher than I'd like.
No good when ya knob is sitting higher than you like 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: FU3LD
21 - 30 of 30 Posts