Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a hard time getting into reverse the other day and then shifter felt loose when it was in gear. Installed new cable bushings to troubleshoot that. No change.

Pulled apart my center console and this is what I found….the hex / allen screw will not torque down at all.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Is this common issue? I wanted to get one but not sure now

Reactions: FU3LD

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this common issue? I wanted to get one but not sure now
I have no idea. That’s why I was tossing it up here. Company is out of Lithuania so getting a hold of customer service should be interesting…

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to fix it. Had to pull that apart and rethread it. Added some blue loc-tite. Hopefully it will do the trick.

I will say with the addition of the cable bushings, it feels pretty great now. 3rd to 4th feels very short and direct.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
157 Posts
I’ve had mine for a while. No issues at all and would chose this over the CAE personally.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
They are similar in design but one is cheaper right?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve been looking at this shifter (carbon) versus the CAE. Hard decision…
Drove all day with it and so far, zero issues after my fix. Pairing it with the bushings makes it feel extremely satisfying.

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Feel like the CAE is just over priced. There wait and customer service isn’t the best.
have you had any interactions with coolerworx or a contact? I’ve emailed both their sales email and info email and have not had a reply for a couple days now.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Can I ask why? I have a CAE I'm about to install.
Feel like the CAE is just over priced. There wait and customer service isn’t the best.
As a CAE owner, I would agree that it does seem overpriced, but I would also mention that I have yet to hear of anybody having any mechanical issues due to damage/defects (ease of adjustment is a different story...I'm currently struggling getting mine into reverse and having trouble finding a good setting.)

The wait is definitely painful, particularly if you're in the US, since the US distributor does not stock these and they are made to order.

Customer service is also "meh" depending on what car you have. The way CAE is set-up for the US, they have you contact their distributor (Hardmotorsports) for any questions or issues. This is hit-or-miss since they mostly have experience with BMWs and Porsche's and were not able to really answer my questions. They were, however, quick to respond since they were local (West coast US). They were also easy to deal with when I had a return (alcantara shift knob sent was the wrong color stitching).

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
157 Posts
have you had any interactions with coolerworx or a contact? I’ve emailed both their sales email and info email and have not had a reply for a couple days now.
Order through Adam at tune plus. He’s the one I went through and I received mine pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Any videos on how coolerworx actuates?

Curious how it is compared to CAE.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Order through Adam at tune plus. He’s the one I went through and I received mine pretty quick.
Adam did my build. I just wouldn’t expect him to deal with mechanical faults with the shifter. Already let him know.

Just hope it holds together. Don’t feel like having to fix it on a regular basis…fingers crossed

·
Registered
230 Posts
i've had this in my tuneplus cart for over a week now, still a little hesitant, but this is making it easier.
The only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is install lol l, I just don’t feel like paying someone and don’t feel like doing it myself.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is install lol l, I just don’t feel like paying someone and don’t feel like doing it myself.
Honestly, after fixing mine, I don’t think it would be that bad to install.

Reactions: SUBAFST
1 - 20 of 30 Posts