Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Roof damage above door means shes a total loss. Sorry for your loss man, sucks.
I will second this.

Qualified panel beaters opinion.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Apparently "didn't even see me" 🙄

I like how you think 🤣

Hope not as I just got her to where I liked it, mod wise. Literally dp went in on Saturday 😭
Head down to the yard over the weekend and swap it out, and anything else you don't want the assessor to own!
I don't think they will repair that unfortunately the roof damage is the issue.

Reactions: CPMaverick

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Not sure how it works in Australia, but often after you get paid out, you can ask for the first dibs to buy it back from the insurance. Either part it out or turn it into a track only car!

where I live, often you can get first dibs. It’s very handy when you have a modified car and the value of the payout doesn’t really match the worth of the car. You can buy it back (for pennies on the dollar), part it out and essentially get paid twice.
Similar here, just depends which insurance company your with, and how greedy they are at the time.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Apparently "didn't even see me" 🙄 Rant alert:
Naturally he didn’t see you. Who expects to see other vehicles in a roundabout?
People don’t seem to figure out two things about vehicles
1. Driving one, is the most dangerous thing most people do in there lives
2. Buying them, is the most expensive thing most people do in there lives, repeatidly.
In Sydney, where the OP lives, being on the road, is a what I would call........a shi7 fight.
Everyone is in a mad rush, and has to push their way in and be in front, there is no courtesy, I'm going here and I'll stop at nothing to get there in front of you.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
This is why I retired from pro driving.
This is why 2 weeks ago, we sold our RV.
It‘s rude elbowing untill the 4 ways come on, then the gloves come off!
I went from a trade to pro driving.
The things I see on the road every day, leaves me in amazement every single day.
Makes me wonder how half of these clowns are still breathing, the risks they take, just to be in front. And then you pull up behind them at the next set of lights......

Reactions: FU3LD and Crystals

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Good to have a set of spare RS wheels on hand.

Never know when a low-profile wheel hits a pot hold, debris in the road, etc.
Really?
The blokes facing a write off, and your trying to sell him (overpriced) wheels?
And he's on the other side of the world.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
He posted the exact same thing in a 4 day old intro thread. Of someone who replaced their OEM wheels with some Sparco ones. Anyone with half a brain cell would see they probably already have a spare set (or decided they didn't need it!). And this member was in NH... I guess he thinks he might drive to SFO for wheels!

This guy is either using a bot or he's completely mental
But, but, they are OBO🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts