Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the CAD is at about 71 cents US. If this trend continues the 2016 is going to be the one to get even if (like me) you'd prefer to wait for other paint options - because the 2017 MY cost is going to jump by at least $2k.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just curious best Guess, when would 2017 model come out? Same time next year?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Most cars go up in price a bit when the next model year comes around. By how much, no one will know. So, I don't see why this would be an exception unless you had an unallocated order in for 2016, didn't get it, and your dealer rolled it over to 2017 -- I feel like you should be able to work with the dealer on the price then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dealer just called, can't get me the allocation. Now I'm scrambling and best I can find is $4k ADM. I've reached out to at least 75 Ford dealerships. I'd be ok with a $1k ADM, but not sure how to justify $4k

·
Registered
268 Posts
Today the CAD is at about 71 cents US. If this trend continues the 2016 is going to be the one to get even if (like me) you'd prefer to wait for other paint options - because the 2017 MY cost is going to jump by at least $2k.
Just an FYI. For us in Canada we only get it one way. for a comparibly equipped car from the US configurator its $45,340 US that works out to $63,746 CA today. I think we are getting a bargain at $49,650. So I wouldn't sweat it too much at this point.

Just for giggles, it also means that for around $35,500US they could buy a fully loaded RS with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately its not really possible.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dealer just called, can't get me the allocation. Now I'm scrambling and best I can find is $4k ADM. I've reached out to at least 75 Ford dealerships. I'd be ok with a $1k ADM, but not sure how to justify $4k
My dealership in baton rouge,Louisiana has another allocation available and they are asking 5k over but they are not set in stone on that. They are willing to negotiate on that number.I'm sure you can get them down to 1k or 2k over

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That really stinks, hope you have luck finding one!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm scrambling, down to a $2k ADM, worst case I'll do $2k

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an FYI. For us in Canada we only get it one way. for a comparibly equipped car from the US configurator its $45,340 US that works out to $63,746 CA today. I think we are getting a bargain at $49,650. So I wouldn't sweat it too much at this point.

Just for giggles, it also means that for around $35,500US they could buy a fully loaded RS with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately its not really possible.
True, when I did that calculation in detail earlier here, on a comparably equipped car at the 75 cent exchange rate we are actually ahead about $11k Canadian - now as you say that advantage is even bigger, up to $14k. All the more reason why the price is going to go up next year. At least we don't seem to be getting the ADMs the Yanks are reporting.

Also value has to be considered relative to what we pay for other cars in Canada - you can now negotiate a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium with PP and nav for less than the price of an RS, so I wouldn't say the RS is any bargain here.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious best Guess, when would 2017 model come out? Same time next year?
Typically if a new model comes out late in a model year, it will come out closer to the standard early-fall release time the following model year, but nobody really knows at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
True, when I did that calculation in detail earlier here, on a comparably equipped car at the 75 cent exchange rate we are actually ahead about $11k Canadian - now as you say that advantage is even bigger, up to $14k. All the more reason why the price is going to go up next year. At least we don't seem to be getting the ADMs the Yanks are reporting.

Also value has to be considered relative to what we pay for other cars in Canada - you can now negotiate a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium with PP and nav for less than the price of an RS, so I wouldn't say the RS is any bargain here.
When I bought my 2012 Boss 302 the dollar was near par and the US Boss was $8000 cheaper so any dealerships that did not get any allotments in Canada just imported from the US and jacked the price up. So the US dealers could theatrically do them same with the RS from Canada if any dealerships would do that if it were legal. I was surprised that Ford did nothing to stop this with the boss because it does effect the rarity of the car when a lot of the bosses on the road are imports from US.But then we could be living in Australia where I think someone from there said they are paying over $55000 aus and our dollar is about the same in exchange.

·
Registered
268 Posts

I think that the bargain, if there is one so to speak, would come from the rareity of the RS. There are a LOT of mustangs out there. I would be surprised to see 500 RS in canada ( i bet even less than 300, but thats just what my gut tells me)

·
Registered
10 Posts
$4K to me would be pretty hard to swallow just to have the car right away. Once the reviews are out and they're really positive, I can only see dealerships possibly increasing the ADM fee's. It's like a game of how bad do you want it? and are you willing to pay the price?...Sucks that it's that way but so long as there are those willing to pay it, this game will never end for dealerships/salesmen.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I think that the bargain, if there is one so to speak, would come from the rareity of the RS. There are a LOT of mustangs out there. I would be surprised to see 500 RS in canada ( i bet even less than 300, but thats just what my gut tells me)
Certainly it's going to be very rare for a car in its price range - in Toronto the roads are full of high-forties Bimmers, near-lux CUVs, etc. But even Focus STs are pretty scarce.

In my part of Toronto and on the major highways though I rarely see V8 pony/muscle cars of any description, they are very uncommon. I guess peeps here aren't redneck enough lol. More seriously though with our heavy traffic pretty much 24/7, and 4 months of winter, having a 430 hp RWD car with lousy visibility can't be enjoyed very often, so that may push down sales.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CAD crashed to $.70 US today - buy your RS while it's less than the $52k it will be next year lol.

I'll probably follow my own advice once the reviews are in, and just live with the crappy paint options. Part of me still want to test drive the new Camaro SS though, despite its huge size and near-zero outward visibility, and I won't be able to do that till the spring (due to the summer rubber, and dealers having no stock yet).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts