Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Shelby GT350R?s Carbon-Fiber Wheels Help Performance? ? Feature ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

The important bits...

Wheel and tire weight (total): 244 lbs vs 186 lbs
30–50 MPH, TOP GEAR 10.8 sec vs. 9.9 sec

And this is part of the reason why I'm going to 18" rims. I'm betting the forged set (w/ tires) will be about 192 lbs (25x4 + 23x4 for tires) and the aftermarket 18"s I have picked out (18.8x4 + 23x4 for tires) will be 167lbs. Not quite 60 lbs like the carbon fiber set up but a respectable difference of 25 lbs I think will be noticeable.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Expensive for sure. Hopefully in time the price will fall to something realistically affordable.

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Do the Shelby GT350R?s Carbon-Fiber Wheels Help Performance? ? Feature ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

The important bits...

Wheel and tire weight (total): 244 lbs vs 186 lbs
30–50 MPH, TOP GEAR10.8 sec vs. 9.9 sec

And this is part of the reason why I'm going to 18" rims. I'm betting the forged set (w/ tires) will be about 192 lbs (25x4 + 23x4 for tires) and the aftermarket 18"s I have picked out (18.8x4 + 23x4 for tires) will be 167lbs. Not quite 60 lbs like the carbon fiber set up but a respectable difference of 25 lbs I think will be noticeable.
The tires will weigh a bit more but yea the theory is sound. But the superlaggera 19s are about 19 lb too.

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well good news, the R wheels are now 11k for a set on fordparts.com......with a whopping 500 GTs being made I really want to know the price on their CF wheels.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Well good news, the R wheels are now 11k for a set on fordparts.com......with a whopping 500 GTs being made I really want to know the price on their CF wheels.
Probably the price of our RS's.

Are you really an Iron Chef? That would be so cool.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Probably the price of our RS's.

Are you really an Iron Chef? That would be so cool.

I am at work....we do Iron Chef challenges with our employees. I always wanted to compete on the original Iron Chef show, but I am to young, as the original show has gone off the air.....I have worked with Chef Morimoto, and when I worked in Japan I got to meet the chairman and see kitchen stadium.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I am at work....we do Iron Chef challenges with our employees. I always wanted to compete on the original Iron Chef show, but I am to young, as the original show has gone off the air.....I have worked with Chef Morimoto, and when I worked in Japan I got to meet the chairman and see kitchen stadium.
That's so cool..

Have you met Alton Brown?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Ir0nxChefx
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing