Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you get it done. I lived near Atlantic City. I was also looking for somewhere to get work done on my car in Jersey.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
He mentions the shop’s name at about 3:50!

Looks very well done! Bypass was already added to my car when I bought it and does not look near as good as this! Although this might have to do with out climate and all the salts on our roads during winter!

Definitely worth it if you dont feel the need for a full catback system!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks like a very inexpensive and clean mod to get a louder exhaust! I like it.

I'm assuming that when driving with the valves closed it does still sounds a bit louder, right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like a very inexpensive and clean mod to get a louder exhaust! I like it.

I'm assuming that when driving with the valves closed it does still sounds a bit louder, right?
I have this modification as well and to answer your question, no its stock quiet with the valve closed since it can't flow through the valve (well much of it is not a perfect seal).

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have this modification as well and to answer your question, no its stock quiet with the valve closed since it can't flow through the valve (well much of it is not a perfect seal).
That was precisely my question since it isn't a perfect seal. Good to know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
That was precisely my question since it isn't a perfect seal. Good to know.
Thanks!
Yeah it could be slightly louder but valve closed on the factory exhaust is pretty quiet in the passenger compartment. I couldn’t hear a volume difference.

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts