Ford Focus RS Forum banner

MSRP details

23K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  frs-f=rs 
#1 ·
#2 ·
We'll see, being the car is not made here if the value of the USD to EUR changes much the price could change I think. I hope under $40k with Sync3 and extra set of wheels (light weight), but time will tell.

#5 ·
I would highly doubt the RS will touch 40K, or even get within 1K of that. For pricing we only need to look at the STI and Golf R for an indication of where it will fall. The RS may start at 37K but I think it will be more like 35-36K and top out at 38.5K with options. Ford has been very competitive with pricing and it was a goal with the RS to keep it obtainable.

#9 ·
This times a thousand! I just don't understand how anyone can think this car will touch 40k. Ford won't price it so far over the Golf R. I spoke with someone inside Ford before the reveal (I'm a vendor there so I get to see some neat things) and he said it'll be priced comparably to the Golf R which I believe starts at $36,975.

I've already spoken with my dealer and I'll get one at MSRP, they don't mark up their vehicles. Obviously I'm playing the waiting game like the rest of you but I'll be shocked if this car starts at anywhere near 40k. I also don't think there will be too many options, not like the ST with 3 trim levels. Either way, I will own this car and I'm very excited!

#7 ·
Seeing as a loaded ST is about $28k I really hope they keep the RS about $35k or under too, They have to remember, its a Focus badge on it too, not a Fusion. I really think Ford is aware of this and maybe why they are not starting production until end of the year, so that they can find areas to save money in production so they can hit their price mark.

#10 ·
Golf R with DCC starts at ~$39,090..

#12 ·
Here's my calculated guesstimate

A 2015 ST3 is $29,050 (no sunroof, no optional wheels)

Add $1750 for AWD (this is how much AWD cost on an Escape)
Add $250 for stronger AWD (added strength for additional power over an Escape)
Add $500 for Torque Vectoring Control System
Add $1,000 for the upgraded motor (2.3L compared to a 2.0L of the ST. Same motor as the Mustang but with better internals)
Add $500 for upgraded turbo/ intercooler
Add $500 for upgraded brakes
Add $250 for upgraded tech (drift mode, auto stop/start, launch control, etc)
Add $500 for bigger 19" wheels
Add $500 for upgraded suspension (stiffer springs, better bushings, bigger sway bars, two-mode switchable dampers)
Add $250 for upgraded seats (possible better Recaros than the ST3)

Total comes to $35,050

This price is assuming the RS comes with all the options of the ST3 (heated seats/steering wheel, nav, back up camera, etc)

All upgrades are over the ST with the ST3 Package. The prices above are not counting any options like the lighter 19" wheels or the optional seats for Europe.

Where did I get these numbers you ask? Well basically I pulled them out of my ass :cool:

#16 · (Edited)
R&D can be an additional cost that I haven't included however I don't think its as huge a factor as you are saying. If this were a GT, a new platform that doesn't share many items from the ford parts bin, then yes R&D would be huge. But the RS doesn't have many parts specific to itself. I'm sure they spent quite sometime tuning and testing this thing so lets put some more made up numbers on it. Hows about $10 mil for R&D. Now we have to spread that out over how many RS'eses they may produce. Lets say 5,000 per year for 4 years= 20k. That breaks down to only $500 per car. That makes the final price $35,550. Only 1.4% higher than my original guess.

This is a $6500 cost over the ST3 which i'm comfortable saying that the ST3/RS cost difference wont be anymore than that. If you compare all the differences within each model, titanium to sport, ecoboost to GT, etc, the differences are about $4k-$6k. Take a look at the Explorer for example. The limited 2.0L FWD turbo is $39,195 and the Sport 3.6L AWD with twin turbos is $43,100. A difference of $3,905. So a step up from 4 cylinders to 6, 1 turbo to twins, front wheel drive to all wheel drive only costs $3,905. So to the people saying this car will be near $40k or more, you crazy :confused: (Not including options like lighter wheels etc)

#17 ·
R&D can be an additional cost that I haven't included however I don't think its as huge a factor as you are saying. If this were a GT, a new platform that doesn't share many items from the ford parts bin, then yes R&D would be huge. But the RS doesn't have many parts specific to itself. I'm sure they spent quite sometime tuning and testing this thing so lets put some more made up numbers on it. Hows about $10 mil for R&D. Now we have to spread that out over how many RS'eses they may produce. Lets say 5,000 per year for 4 years= 20k. That breaks down to only $500 per car. That makes the final price $35,550. Only 1.4% higher than my original guess.

This is a $6500 cost over the ST3 which i'm comfortable saying that the ST3/RS cost difference wont be anymore than that. If you compare all the differences within each model, titanium to sport, ecoboost to GT, etc, the differences are about $4k-$6k. Take a look at the Explorer for example. The limited 2.0L FWD turbo is $39,195 and the Sport 3.6L AWD with twin turbos is $43,100. A difference of $3,905. So a step up from 4 cylinders to 6, 1 turbo to twins, front wheel drive to all wheel drive only costs $3,905. So to the people saying this car will be near $40k or more, you crazy :confused: (Not including options like lighter wheels etc)
The RS has many specific parts, AWD, Turbo, clutch, trans, wheels, tires, brakes, center console, seats, cylinder head, cylinder liners, ect. Also for your made up numbers the run will be 2 years at most, and I will add a made up bet to make it interesting :cool:

#23 ·
"EB+AWD=!!"
"IMPORT" [for those that like the idea of it being from Germany]
"DRFTMODE" [if into that scene]
"5DR RCKT" (Five door rocket)
"1GANYWAY"/"ANYWAY1G"(1g any way) [accel, corner and likely braking though not official yet]
"FOSTANG" [Focus + Mustang due to shared 2.3EB engine]

Sure more will come to mind if I really think on it.

#24 ·
Are S - License Tag

Limited to 6 characters

The one I like best so far is "ARE S" :cool:

Pirate version "ARR S"

or "TwnT RS"

or "FST HTC"

or "ND OF RS"

or "RS TLT"

or "XZILR8"

or "BLURS" Double play on words Out of Focus is a blur

or more hidden "OBRUTT" ? Get it ?

or "F2SHFT"

#28 ·
#30 ·
The RS is worth at least $38K for this alone as reported by "Top Speed":

Ford says that owners can even tell the car to "Find a race track" and SYNC will provide them with directions to the closest public circuit.:cool:

#39 ·
Well, comparing prices using GTI-Autobahn to Focus ST3. I think the Focus RS base will sell for $33,000 and fully loaded it will go for $38,000. Volkswagen has always been just a little more expensive than the ford models. So I would imagine that going 2-3K under VW's Golf R model is a pretty safe assumption.

#40 · (Edited)
If you look at Ford's site and compare a FWD to an AWD Fusion, there is a $2000 difference in price. Take a Focus ST with ST3 package, which is $2812, add $4k for the AWD/2.3l/reworked rear-end and you come to a base price of $32k for the RS.

Given that there will be essentially 4 options...

1. Moonroof ($895, ST price)
2. Wheel/tire package ($1295, guess)
3. Nitrous Blue paint ($595 Tangerine Scream, maybe $795 for NB?)
4. Seat options ($1000, leather vs partial leather?)

... That would come out to be almost $36k fully loaded with the options above.

#41 ·
1. Moonroof ($895, ST price) Agree
2. Wheel/tire package ($1295, guess) Hope its not more than this and also hoping they dont do it as a package. Choice of whichever wheel with either tire would be great.
3. Nitrous Blue paint ($595 Tangerine Scream, maybe $795 for NB?) Agree. White platinum is also $595 on the Fusion. Hoping NB isnt more than that.
4. Seat options ($1000, leather vs partial leather?) Only seat options will be heated or non heated. No choice of leather, only partial. I didnt see it mentioned but maybe a heated seat and steering wheel winter package. Maybe $595.

See my post a few pages back. Im also thinking about 35-36k but without moonroof, NB paint, or the upgraded wheels and tires.

#42 ·
If nitrous blue, heated seats, and moon roof can happen for less than $40k I'd be happy. If its more... I'd be less happy.

Yea this is a focus, and yea I hope all you guys going with $35k are right, but I feel like it will be closer to $40k for the "base" model.

I feel its better to expect it to be around $40k, and it comes out at $35k vs the other way around.

#44 ·
I plan on getting the Forged wheel option for one reason, so my car will have come with the cup 2 tires so I can run them in Street class even with <200TW at regional events, if I find the Z2 Star Spec or other is a better tire I can switch to that later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.