Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked a lot in the past, but couldn't find any recent threads discussing this. I'm going down to 18" wheels so I'm looking at what tires to purchase. I already found that 245/40 is the recommended size and gives better tire options.

Are the MPSS still the tires to beat for street use? What's a just as good or almost as good tire? I don't do track days and I'm on stock suspension so this will be 100% street.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yea, PS4S is the replacement for PSS. They obviously don't make the RS OEM one, since the PSS was ours, but our PSS were a gimmick to begin with. They had a softer outer tread to facilitate maximum drift. PS4S presumably last longer too, but I don't remember where I heard that from - maybe just UTQG rating.

I run PS4S, they're fantastic all around.

Reactions: RS2SC and WVRS

·
Registered
937 Posts
The Tire Rack is an excellent place to scope out competing tires. Not only for their wide selection of tires, but they have both pro driver assessments, customer reviews/ratings in multiple tire performance categories , and a tool that allows you to compare at a glance multiple brands. and, in the end, you don't have to buy there. Good luck with whatever you go with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I've been looking on there and started wondering why the MPSS didn't pop up until the 2nd or 3rd page in my search. I saw the Conti Extreme Contact Sport are well rated and well and I've had an older model on another car a few years ago, but really like the performance of the Michelins specially in the wet.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS
70 Posts
I know this has been asked a lot in the past, but couldn't find any recent threads discussing this. I'm going down to 18" wheels so I'm looking at what tires to purchase. I already found that 245/40 is the recommended size and gives better tire options.

Are the MPSS still the tires to beat for street use? What's a just as good or almost as good tire? I don't do track days and I'm on stock suspension so this will be 100% street.
The Super Sports don't even hold a candle to the Sport 4S.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just broke in a set of new Michelin PS4S tires for summer street use and they are excellent. Well familiar with them though since I had a set on my 2017 a few years back. Great tire. Have my forged rims in the tire shop now getting some Conti DWS06's tires mounted this week for cold weather season use. Went up to 245/35-19 size on the PS4's with no issues.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts