Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Mine are 27”. So really yours is only .25” closer to the fender liner or contact points. As long as you’re properly suspended it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's a big relief. I've got tractive shocks and standard rate and height springs so should be ok. I'll let you know once I get them, test and make liners .

Funny the response from the Ford dealer. The guys are really supportive of setting one up this way, they say some customers are street boy racers. When we test fitted one Tyre they liked the looks, which was furthest thing from my mind which was engineering. Photos to come when done.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If you want more info on how my car has survived with the lift, check out the thread “lifting the RS”. You’ll see all the body panels that have ripped off as well as some rallycross video

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks. Here is where I am with new rims and tyres. Fouling on the front on heavy compression. Rear us fine. Think this is because still standard height . I'll have to go to a body shop too see if the can do a subtle flare on guards or something. Hoped this wouldn't happen. Ah well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Any suggestions on how to lift front suspension. I think i can get maybe a cm from tractive coilovers no more, total lift needs to be about 3cm.Are spacers possible at the strut tower top?

I've also read the lifting thread, it is really interesting and enjoyed videos,

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If you dig into the lift thread you’ll see I ran “tema4x4” lift blocks for the front and rear shocks. Worked well

21 - 29 of 29 Posts