Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.

Has anyone experienced any issues running stage 1 AP for 93 octane on a stock-ish rs? Ive only added an exhaust catback system, green filter, and motor mount. I know you all probably think im full of s**t when I say this, but I'm actually a tame driver. Illinois is riddled with potholes and cops, so being able to wale on my gas peddle is minmal to never. I would just like a little extra "oomph" as i feep the car lacks that torq'y feel.

Mountune has it on sale for $607, so figured I might pick it up.

The reason I'm hesitant is because all I've seen on youtube and this forum is people ending up fighting Ford to honor their warranty cause they ran into issues. Of course, I dont know how hard they were driving it and what other mods they had, but running almost stock, o cant help but feel concern. Anyone else running a similar build to mine woth no issues on the AP?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Quick question.

Has anyone experienced any issues running stage 1 AP for 93 octane on a stock-ish rs? Ive only added an exhaust catback system, green filter, and motor mount. I know you all probably think im full of s**t when I say this, but I'm actually a tame driver. Illinois is riddled with potholes and cops, so being able to wale on my gas peddle is minmal to never. I would just like a little extra "oomph" as i feep the car lacks that torq'y feel.

Mountune has it on sale for $607, so figured I might pick it up.

The reason I'm hesitant is because all I've seen on youtube and this forum is people ending up fighting Ford to honor their warranty cause they ran into issues. Of course, I dont know how hard they were driving it and what other mods they had, but running almost stock, o cant help but feel concern. Anyone else running a similar build to mine woth no issues on the AP?

Thanks in advance.
99.9% of the people are fine. It's only the people with issues that come on to complain. It's a risk you have to be willing to take.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you end up ordering one? I saw Mountune had a sale so I picked one up. Going to install the maps soon and do some datalogging.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Did you end up ordering one? I saw Mountune had a sale so I picked one up. Going to install the maps soon and do some datalogging.
There is a sale on the AP now?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts