Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to wait a few months but it was totally worth the wait. If I had to do it again I would based on the other options available for our car. The only exhaust I would rather have over the V2X is the ETS full titanium which is impossible to get on top of being ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
2016 RS
242 Posts
Ended up ordering the V2X pre order sale as well last week. They sent me a follow up email a couple days later saying they were in transit and they expected them mid to late April and would ship out as soon as they got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao, says late summer now!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got one of the last ones in this shipment. They told me there was 2 left when I ordered. Must be they sold out and that’s the expected timeframe for the next shipment.

·
Registered
920 Posts
+1 for the V2X, love the sound and I was always in Sport mode anyways so going with a $20 valve defeat plug seemed like the smarter choice for me
Do you have a catless downpipe.i do and I feel it is too loud lol. might get something like this added to the straight section if it fits

·
Registered
208 Posts
naw dogg, no way it’s late summer unless you just recently placed an order? i‘m waiting for the v2x to ship as well (ordered 3/6) and was told mid to late April. I even spoke with Mountune on the phone yesterday and they reconfirmed that mid to late April was still the expectation. That wasn’t why I called them but while I had them on the phone I inquired about the v2x delays. I was also told that the ship transporting the exhausts is in the port but there are something like 20 ships ahead of it so it will be a while before it gets docked and unloaded.

the reason I called them though was because my b7 package didn’t include a couple of those yellow OEM Mountune badges, of which they’re all out of since last November 😖 so I’ve reached out to Mountune UK to see if they can hook a brotha up. Be careful of sellers on eBay claiming to sell OEM for ridiculous amounts of money ($106). They’re in fact knock offs. I haven’t been able to locate any where that sells the authentic badges. Maybe you guys know where to find them? Lol 🙏

·
Registered
208 Posts
no sense in making a situation out of it and I don’t mind waiting. It just is what it is! Can’t wait to get it tho that’s for sure

Just a heads up...I ordered the V2X through Mountune's "pre order special" in November 2020. When I ordered the ETA was January 2021. As of last week they still do not have an exact ETA. I haven't put up much of a stink because everyone who owns the V2X seems to love it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't growing impatient at this point.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
What a coincidence on the timing of this thread. Just got this notification from Google Photos on my Pixel 5. One year ago today.

·
Registered
2016 RS
242 Posts
naw dogg, no way it’s late summer unless you just recently placed an order? i‘m waiting for the v2x to ship as well (ordered 3/6) and was told mid to late April. I even spoke with Mountune on the phone yesterday and they reconfirmed that mid to late April was still the expectation. That wasn’t why I called them but while I had them on the phone I inquired about the v2x delays. I was also told that the ship transporting the exhausts is in the port but there are something like 20 ships ahead of it so it will be a while before it gets docked and unloaded.

the reason I called them though was because my b7 package didn’t include a couple of those yellow OEM Mountune badges, of which they’re all out of since last November 😖 so I’ve reached out to Mountune UK to see if they can hook a brotha up. Be careful of sellers on eBay claiming to sell OEM for ridiculous amounts of money ($106). They’re in fact knock offs. I haven’t been able to locate any where that sells the authentic badges. Maybe you guys know where to find them? Lol 🙏
I

i had placed an order through one of their distributors who had some on order for the April delivery... but I often check the website to see what their timeline is.. I don’t mind waiting.. I’ve already waited long enough to decide this is the one I want.. haha fingers crossed it does arrive!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Just saw this on Mountune USA's Insta story

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
so no more V2 with valve systems? or V3?
When I asked Mountune they said they pulled the V2 off their site to keep the back order from getting any bigger. I believe they intend to offer it again once they get caught up on those back orders.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have a catless downpipe.i do and I feel it is too loud lol. might get something like this added to the straight section if it fits
Negative, stock downpipe, sounds perfect

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Anyone know if Mountune is going to offer the V2 exhaust anymore? They pulled it off their site recently and now only have the V2X which doesn't have the valve. I like the idea of having a valved setup for when I have the kiddos in the car or I'm leaving early for work.

Any other suggestions on valved setups or is it not really worth the extra money for these systems? All opinions welcome.
Either Thermal R&D, scorpion or Magnaflow Competition imho

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Ended up going with the V2X based on the overwhelming positive reviews. Being delivered on Friday

I’m looking Thermal R&D when I get the money

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Reactions: 18rrfors
21 - 40 of 40 Posts