Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Mountune is going to offer the V2 exhaust anymore? They pulled it off their site recently and now only have the V2X which doesn't have the valve. I like the idea of having a valved setup for when I have the kiddos in the car or I'm leaving early for work.

Any other suggestions on valved setups or is it not really worth the extra money for these systems? All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mountune sounds very good in my opinion. Unfortunately they never have anything in stock. Ended up getting the Cobb cat back exhaust myself. Very quite, no drone at all. The exhaust valve does help, and it’s convenient to be able to quickly quite it down with the push of a button. On wide open throttle you can definitely hear the exhaust pops. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mountune sounds very good in my opinion. Unfortunately they never have anything in stock. Ended up getting the Cobb cat back exhaust myself. Very quite, no drone at all. The exhaust valve does help, and it’s convenient to be able to quickly quite it down with the push of a button. On wide open throttle you can definitely hear the exhaust pops. Hope that helps.
I've been looking at the Cobb as well as a second option. Good to hear some positive feedback on it. I had the Cobb on my ST paired with a catless downpipe and it was almost unbearably loud. Probably the only reason I haven't bought it for the RS, even though I know they're totally different sounding systems. I think if they have a sale in the next couple months I'll jump on it.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
I've been looking at the Cobb as well as a second option. Good to hear some positive feedback on it. I had the Cobb on my ST paired with a catless downpipe and it was almost unbearably loud. Probably the only reason I haven't bought it for the RS, even though I know they're totally different sounding systems. I think if they have a sale in the next couple months I'll jump on it.
FWIW, I installed my V2X exhaust a year ago at the beginning of the lockdown. I love it. IMO, the extra money for the valved V2 exhaust isn't worth it. It's really only noticeably loud on cold start up. Once revs drop down to normal, it's not even noticeable. No drone, and it's only loud when you want it to be (ie. at WOT). Just cruising around town, it's only slightly louder than stock. Don't regret it at all. Driven by plenty of cops, and they don't even give me a second look, which is a definite plus here in Cali.

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1 for the V2X, love the sound and I was always in Sport mode anyways so going with a $20 valve defeat plug seemed like the smarter choice for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed a Cobb catback (had an AWE, but it was too aggressive for my taste) and it has a beautiful exhaust note. Like someone em said earlier, being able to switch over to open valve at a push of a button is super nice

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone know if Mountune is going to offer the V2 exhaust anymore? They pulled it off their site recently and now only have the V2X which doesn't have the valve.
Send Mountune USA an email or call them and ask when they expect to have more V2 valved exhausts.

Mountune sometimes takes down a products webpage when they don’t have stock. I remember the same thing happened with the intake manifold. You might find they have a shipment coming in soon, or if it’s going to take too long at least you can move onto another exhaust you like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Send Mountune USA an email or call them and ask when they expect to have more V2 valved exhausts.

Mountune sometimes takes down a products webpage when they don’t have stock. I remember the same thing happened with the intake manifold. You might find they have a shipment coming in soon, or if it’s going to take too long at least you can move onto another exhaust you like.
Good call. I’ll reach out and see what they say.

Lots of positive feedback on the v2x. Maybe I just save the $300 and stick with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just a heads up...I ordered the V2X through Mountune's "pre order special" in November 2020. When I ordered the ETA was January 2021. As of last week they still do not have an exact ETA. I haven't put up much of a stink because everyone who owns the V2X seems to love it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't growing impatient at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Just a heads up...I ordered the V2X through Mountune's "pre order special" in November 2020. When I ordered the ETA was January 2021. As of last week they still do not have an exact ETA. I haven't put up much of a stink because everyone who owns the V2X seems to love it, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't growing impatient at this point.
Waiting can test you.
I ordered my car Fall of ‘15. It arrived 1 yr. 2 mo. later. I brought her home (33 mi.), it snowed overnight, so I didn’t drive her again untill spring of ‘17. My wife just SHH.
Speaking of her. I ordered her, a pair of made to order silk PJs. I waited 3 months..3 months!! for those things to arrive!! The first thing I did was peel them off her, go figure...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ended up ordering the V2X pre order sale as well last week. They sent me a follow up email a couple days later saying they were in transit and they expected them mid to late April and would ship out as soon as they got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
I was lucky enough to snag one of the few extra V2X sets they got in their April 2020 shipment at the beginning of COVID. Didn't even know they had done a preorder for them. Was a total impulse buy. Haha! Seeing these posts makes me realize how fortunate I actually was.

Reactions: nicklulu
1 - 20 of 40 Posts