Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a user Mountune V2 catback if anyone has one for sale? The one with the valve.

I'm located in CT.

Thank you!
Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still checking, anybody have one of these for sale? Mountune is back ordered on them. :(

·
Registered
971 Posts
They're showing in stock on the US site. Consider the UK site as well, I'm not sure of the differences between the V2 and V3 exhausts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looking for a user Mountune V2 catback if anyone has one for sale? The one with the valve.

I'm located in CT.

Thank you!
Bill
I ordered my V2 while it was OOS and it randomly shipped a couple days later so its very hit or miss, cobb would be a good alternative

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just installed a V2x and it's amazing. Sounds like it should of from the factory! The pops and bangs are now gunshots. No droning at highway speeds. Quite loud outside the car under WOT. I never used the stock exhaust valve and I live in the country where all the jacked up 4x4's have exhausts as well so noise isn't an issue. Even if you lived in town its loud on start up for a bit then after it steps down slightly louder then stock. But those pops... I will definitely be in normal mode when downtown or someone will call in shots fired. Lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Buddy of mine ordered the V3 version from UK site and it arrived in a week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just installed a V2x and it's amazing. Sounds like it should of from the factory! The pops and bangs are now gunshots. No droning at highway speeds. Quite loud outside the car under WOT. I never used the stock exhaust valve and I live in the country where all the jacked up 4x4's have exhausts as well so noise isn't an issue. Even if you lived in town its loud on start up for a bit then after it steps down slightly louder then stock. But those pops... I will definitely be in normal mode when downtown or someone will call in shots fired. Lol.
So this is interesting actually. Are you saying normal mode even without the valve still will quiet the popping? That's one of the reasons I wanted the valve, so it wouldn't pop like gunshots in my neighborhood.

I looked at that too, but it ended up being a few hundred bucks more expensive with exchange rates, taxes and shipping.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I looked at that too, but it ended up being a few hundred bucks more expensive with exchange rates, taxes and shipping.
Last time I checked, it was cheaper from the UK site. Check your numbers, there would be no VAT (tax). Also use a coupon code for a few bucks off

·
Registered
182 Posts
Buy the V3 from Mountune UK. I waited 9 months for the V2 from Mountune USA before giving up. The V3 arrived in 5 days, and it's the same product but with adjustable tips.

·
Registered
350 Posts
@ BillY2KFRC yup no pops in normal mode. No valve and I have a valve defeat plug so no drive mode unavailable issues. However it is noticeably louder outside of the car on start up until it hits that step down to below 1k rpm. BUT even with a valve, the valve will still open on start up to help the cat warm up faster.....

V3 is nice as you can line up piping better but I wanted the least number of clamps and no valve. With the double slip and flanged type connection at the can it was exactly what I wanted. The COBB exhaust is sweet as well but it could technically be classified as a straight pipe and against the law where I live. Feel free to PM me with any more info you need.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ BillY2KFRC yup no pops in normal mode. No valve and I have a valve defeat plug so no drive mode unavailable issues. However it is noticeably louder outside of the car on start up until it hits that step down to below 1k rpm. BUT even with a valve, the valve will still open on start up to help the cat warm up faster.....

V3 is nice as you can line up piping better but I wanted the least number of clamps and no valve. With the double slip and flanged type connection at the can it was exactly what I wanted. The COBB exhaust is sweet as well but it could technically be classified as a straight pipe and against the law where I live. Feel free to PM me with any more info you need.
Thank you so much for all the advice. I think I'll call them next week and switch my order to the V2X. As long as it doesn't drone and I can still turn down the popping around town, I have zero need for the valve. This helped me so much!

All the best!

·
Registered
350 Posts
No highway drone for me. A bit when your very low in the rpms just rolling in 1st but the stock FENG simulated the same thing anyways. Also I think the UK makes a V3x also? No valve and a little extra adjustability. My V2x is slightly longer on one side right at the outlets but one only notices it if your at a certain angle to the bumper. I'm sure you'll enjoy the V2x, made the RS even more of a joy to drive! Sounds like a rally car now on WOT. 😎

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did manage to get some pops today in normal mode but only when driving very aggressively. FYI. I barely ever drive in normal....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if everyone knows this , but you can stop the pops if you lightly keep your foot on the gas. The pops only come out when you release the gas pedal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
Bringer
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing