Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Registered
Wow, glad I got the Mountune UK downpipe shipped a few years ago.

One thing I like about Mountune UK is that they won't let you purchase parts that are out of stock while Mountune USA will gladly take your money and make you wait years in some cases for the parts. (Exhaust)

Registered
I've used forwarder most of the times I've ordered from Mountune UK. This way I get to shop Amazon UK or the EU Ford parts store at the same time.

Go grab another RS color-changing mug when using a forwarder and you'll feel much better

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've used forwarder most of the times I've ordered from Mountune UK. This way I get to shop Amazon UK or the EU Ford parts store at the same time.

Go grab another RS color-changing mug when using a forwarder and you'll feel much better
That's discontinued already!!!!

Is OK though, I have one already:

馃榿

Reactions: morbid and Si2RS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
ROFL!

Reactions: GmpaJimj

Super Moderator
Is this a BREXIT or COVID thing? LOL

Registered
2017 SG RS1
Reactions: nicklulu

Super Moderator
I think it's more of a "Mountune USA whining, 'Hey! No fair!'" thing...馃ぃ
That rings true, just IF Mountune USA had BDO running their inventory things would be good.

Reactions: Si2RS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Some of the counter parts in the US store is just a bit pricey, even after shipping and conversion from the UK is cheaper.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Also note I don't mind using a forwarding company. For what in trying to get there are two caveats:

• You'd pay VAT (value added tax) if the initial shipping is in the UK compared shipped direct outside the UK.
  • For the particular part I am looking the forwarding company is asking more than twice the cost of shipping compared if I get it shipped direct from the vendor.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well, I just placed my final (at least for now) order with Mountune UK:

Forwarding company was asking 拢470 for shipping for the wheels alone. It was only 拢 175 for just the wheels, but might as well get some trinkets as it might be a long while till I order something else from them.

I still have around 拢125 worth of Mountune UK rewards, don't know if I ever use it before it expires.

They worked with me to get the best price as well as I don't need to pay VAT.

I am very pleased with the service they provided, they did not really have to give me a one last shipment but they are happy to oblige.

馃嵒

Registered
2017 SG RS1
Well, I just placed my final (at least for now) order with Mountune UK:

View attachment 351784

Forwarding company was asking 拢470 for shipping for the wheels alone. It was only 拢 175 for just the wheels, but might as well get some trinkets as it might be a long while till I order something else from them.

I still have around 拢125 worth of Mountune UK rewards, don't know if I ever use it before it expires.

They worked with me to get the best price as well as I don't need to pay VAT.

I am very pleased with the service they provided, they did not really have to give me a one last shipment but they are happy to oblige.

馃嵒
That's awesome! In my experience, the UK store's customer service was top notch! Very excited!

Registered
I guess I should have pulled the trigger on some Mountune UK parts sooner.
@nicklulu Im in Socal as well, I would have bought stuff with you and saved on shipping cost.
:cry:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Shhh, nobody tell @nicklulu that UK Mountune has a V2 of the PTU brace that has the logo laser etched and a few grams of material removed from seemingly non-critical places. Hopefully they used FEA to make sure that was okay...

Power Takeoff Unit (PTU) Brace [Mk3 Focus RS] - mountune (mountunestore.com)
LOL, I seen it when I did a final pass on the site for the "final" purchase. V2 PTU has the same design other than what you stated. Very nice but i would prefer my PTU brace.

I guess I should have pulled the trigger on some Mountune UK parts sooner.
@nicklulu Im in Socal as well, I would have bought stuff with you and saved on shipping cost.
:cry:
I would have gladly done it with you too.

Took me more than a week to make a decision when I posted here and at @Si2RS thread:

I only got 1 feedback..... I was not even waiting for that feedback to set something aside for a member to include in my order.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I was able to finally brought home my "final direct order" from Mountune UK:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts