Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been buying parts from Mountune UK for a while now as well as Mountune US.

Some parts it's not available (cheaper) from one site and vise versa.

I was window shopping two nights ago and saw there was a part at the UK site that I am interested so I put it in the cart, I also have Mountune rewards banked.

When I was checking out, I can't select USA .

I emailed Mountune UK and I was informed that they no longer ship to US addresses directly as it was requested by Mountune USA. Mountune USA however can still help on getting the part from them if desired.

I added Mountune USA on the email thread to get their side. I did not hear anything till I resend the message to them this morning.

Mountune USA basically told me that I can go to another vendor since they have rights to sell the parts in the States, but it would not be the Mountune branding on it.

So, either you use a forwarding company to get stuff from Mountune UK, pay the difference (ex. the intake manifold is $300 more) getting it from Mountune USA or get a different brand or from a different vendor all together.

:unsure:

Registered
2017 SG RS1
Been buying parts from Mountune UK for a while now as well as Mountune US as well.

Some parts it's not available (cheaper) from one site and vise versa.

I was window shopping two nights ago and saw there was a part at the UK site that I am interested so I put it in the cart, I also have Mountune rewards banked.

When I was checking out, I can't select USA .

I emailed Mountune UK and I was informed that they no longer ship to US addresses directly as it was requested by Mountune USA. Mountune USA however can still help on getting the part from them if desired.

I added Mountune USA on the email thread to get their side. I did not hear anything till I resend the message to them this morning.

Mountune USA basically told me that I can go to another vendor since they have rights to sell the parts in the States, but it would not be the Mountune branding on it.

So, either you use a forwarding company to get stuff from Mountune UK, pay the difference (ex. the intake manifold is $300 more) getting it form Mountune USA or get a different brand or from a different vendor all together.

:unsure:
Damn son! I did see something like that when I was messing around and added that keychain to the cart just to see what shipping would be a couple weeks ago. It said they couldn't ship it. But I thought maybe it was because it was just a keychain. That sucks! Looks like I got the last piece of my puzzle just in time!

Registered
2016 RS2
I wonder if they鈥檒l ship to Canada?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if they鈥檒l ship to Canada?
They ship to Canada

Damn son! I did see something like that when I was messing around and added that keychain to the cart just to see what shipping would be a couple weeks ago. It said they couldn't ship it. But I thought maybe it was because it was just a keychain. That sucks! Looks like I got the last piece of my puzzle just in time!
What did you get?

Registered
2017 SG RS1
Mountune USA haven鈥檛 shipped to the UK for at least a couple of years now
I wouldn't think anybody in the UK would even want to order from the USA store considering how much more expensive they are for the same parts. Also, it seems the UK store has more parts that aren't even available in the USA store.
What did you get?
I was just referring to the charge pipe kit with the gray boost hoses that I got a little while ago.

Reactions: nicklulu

Registered
2017 Black RS
It was fun while it lasted. I'm used to Europe having all the cool cars and car parts that we can't get. It took forever for me to get an ST220 intake manifold from Germany before.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just referring to the charge pipe kit with the gray boost hoses that I got a little while ago.

Hey, they stopped me to get the Mountune ClubSport OZ Leggera HLTs.......

They had the Fifteen52 Deltona (Integrale in the US) for 拢139 a piece like a month ago and the shipping was like 拢200 (for all four wheels), cheaper than the $275 a piece and tax in Cali. Too bad it was silver.

Reactions: Si2RS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW the Mountune US radiator for the RS is currently on sale, $60 off.

The coupon code the US site has works on some parts, from 5% to 30% off right now.

Reactions: jefferysanders

Registered
I don't think I'll have Mountune parts on my car. Not because I think they make bad parts, but because they charge way too much for the name. There are other MFGs with parts just as high of quality, but at significantly fairer prices.

I'll pay for quality, but I won't pay for your name.

Premium Member
I don't think I'll have Mountune parts on my car. Not because I think they make bad parts, but because they charge way too much for the name. There are other MFGs with parts just as high of quality, but at significantly fairer prices.

I'll pay for quality, but I won't pay for your name.
My wife told me that on our first date.

Premium Member
it seems the UK store has more parts that aren't even available in the USA store.
Trust me, no.
It's a standing joke in UK, mountune never have anything in stock, plus deals are better away from the mountune store.
I bought 2nd hand but unused\unfitted PTU brace for 拢75, it's usually lot more than that

Registered
2017 SG RS1
Trust me, no.
It's a standing joke in UK, mountune never have anything in stock, plus deals are better away from the mountune store.
I bought 2nd hand but unused\unfitted PTU brace for 拢75, it's usually lot more than that
It's the same for the US store as well, unfortunately. They're always out of stock when you're looking for a part. They even go so far as to remove the listing completely from their site instead of just saying "out of stock." So then you have to email them to ask if they're even selling it anymore. Really annoying...

Premium Member
I always hit ebay and get the part I want at the right price, never failed me yet lol

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UK prices is cheaper though even with the shipping.

Registered
Ford Focus RS White
UK prices is cheaper though even with the shipping.
But the material is not same, for example the intercooler UK is not direct mount and different how is make. Idem for hard pipe and silicon pipe. They have very nice things instead, for example the mats marked Mountune, the oil cooling system, etc.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The FMIC in the M-UK is tube and fin and the M-US is bar and plate. the charge pipe and hose is cheaper on the UK site than the US.

For apples to apples: intake mani, its a couple hundred dollar cheaper in the UK.

The UK site also have a newer designed breather plate as well as the hard pipe.

Registered
Ford Focus RS White
The FMIC in the M-UK is tube and fin and the M-US is bar and plate. the charge pipe and hose is cheaper on the UK site than the US.

For apples to apples: intake mani, its a couple hundred dollar cheaper in the UK.

The UK site also have a newer designed breather plate as well as the hard pipe.
The UK FMIC is Wagner and is not direct mount, but have a brakets.
For the rest I agree with you, even the English maps are ok

Registered
I always found it rather annoying the difference between Mountune USA and UK in terms of products being sold as well as the price differences (I was able to order stuff from there and even with USD to GBP conversion and international shipping, it still came out to less total cost than ordering from USA). And I was never able to get an answer from either on why the product selection varies this much. I'm glad I've been slowly purchasing stuff from them for awhile now. So far the the main differing products that I've noticed were:
v2 motor mount/roll restrictor
v2 breather plate
black aluminum IC hard pipe (USA is stainless steel)
Intercooler (although the USA one is better since it is bar and plate. UK sells tube and fin which was what USA used to sell and then had ballooning issues.)
Radiator (UK is powder coated black. USA is not. But UK no longer sells the radiator)
different color hoses (grey, blue, red)
yellow springs (yellow drops 10mm front and 15mm rear. the blacks from USA drops 15mm front and back)
grooved front and rear disks
hi flow cat downpipe
v3 cat back exhaust

I already have most of the stuff from them that i've wanted to order. But for a couple of items I haven't ordered yet, specifically the cat back and the downpipe, I wonder how much help Mountune USA would be if I asked if they could get them for me. Otherwise I would probably have to use a forwarding service.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You forgot the brake lines, lol.

Mountune will get you in touch with Mountune USA if there is a product that the USA don't have and UK has and get it ordered from UK through USA..... if there are no other distributor in the US for that product.

• Wow
Reactions: FU3LD
1 - 20 of 62 Posts