Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Not a Mountune hater? Hahaha ahahahha ahahahha almost every second of your posts are about how much you hate Mountune, i have never seen a person hate so much at one product, its equally fascinating and anoying to read.

I like their products, you dont, and thats cool.
And for all we know, Mountune is not closing, they are just looking for a new investor.
I hope they, and all other tuners will stay in the market, the more the better. But some where, deep inside, i kinda hope for your sake, that they will close, it seems it would make your life so much easier. And i can just buy my stuff somewhere else.
Here's your answer, read s l o w l y

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
and ?? I've read it slowly front to back and back to front.

Not once as that quote states "i kinda hope for your sake, that they will close, it seems it would make your life so much easier", have I said I hope they close. As i would not wish any employee to lose their job and their income in this current financial market being currently what it is.

That is a very nasty thing to say about making all those people unemployed you need banning from a keyboard.

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
Lol.. I better get my V2X

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
@phillofoc where are you now?
I'm back on the Monterey peninsula but was in OC/LA for a few days. I took the opportunity to take the car for a spin on Angeles Crest Highway from La Cañada Flintridge to Wrightwood. That was a blast, even at the speed limit!

US Mountune got their batch of boost hoses yesterday, so when I stopped by I was able to pick them up. They're also appointment only for their showroom, so I was only able to see it from outside.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Dude, you should have said something and I could have driven up!

So they just have the black ones then? They are not getting affected by the restructuring at the other end of the pond?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Dude, you should have said something and I could have driven up!

So they just have the black ones then? They are not getting affected by the restructuring at the other end of the pond?
Next time I definitely will! It'll be a while though.

I didn't ask the guys at Mountune about their inventory. Their website only has the black ones, and the UK guys only have the blue ones right now (but still shows gray and black as options). COVID has really disrupted supply chains, and because the RS is discontinued I wouldn't be surprised if Mountune is trying to simplify their inventory. Holding onto slow-moving SKUs that are cosmetically different but functionally the same isn't good business practice. For these reasons I jumped on the charge pipes, as I expect niche parts like these will be harder to find in the future.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Next time I definitely will! It'll be a while though.

I didn't ask the guys at Mountune about their inventory. Their website only has the black ones, and the UK guys only have the blue ones right now (but still shows gray and black as options). COVID has really disrupted supply chains, and because the RS is discontinued I wouldn't be surprised if Mountune is trying to simplify their inventory. Holding onto slow-moving SKUs that are cosmetically different but functionally the same isn't good business practice. For these reasons I jumped on the charge pipes, as I expect niche parts like these will be harder to find in the future.
In case others were curious, here is the response I got from Mountune USA when I asked if they still plan on selling the gray boost hoses and if they were planning on selling the V2 (aluminum) hard pipe here in the states:

"Unfortunately we only offer black. No we will not be offering those other parts."

So there you have it. I reached out to Mountune UK about the gray hoses again (inquired last week with no response), so we'll see what they say. I might wait another week or so for the gray to come back in stock on the UK site. If not, I'll just order the V2 hard pipe from the UK site, and pick up the black hoses (and clamps) from the US store.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was going to wait on another UK order, but perhaps I need to change my plans now...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure what this means, other than randy probably maybe may or may not know something about this but isn't at liberty to say.
The timing of you leaving mountune makes some sense maybe :unsure:
Or this is completely unrelated and coincidence.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I was going to wait on another UK order, but perhaps I need to change my plans now...
You already ordered your breather plate? It's available last night. I checked the boost hose for @Si2RS , still only in blue

·
Registered
718 Posts
You already ordered your breather plate? It's available last night. I checked the boost hose for @Si2RS , still only in blue
Yup. I've been checking several times a day for the past few weeks...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Nope, not yet. I might get braided stainless steel brake lines too as they're way cheaper in the UK vs US, almost to the point of negating the shipping difference.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Nope, not yet. I might get braided stainless steel brake lines too as they're way cheaper in the UK vs US, almost to the point of negating the shipping difference.

I already have the US version in the garage. They have the same part number.

Different manufacturer and the UK one is actually black than the US being silver.

Both of them pass their respective standards (TUV for UK and DOT for US).

Go for it! I would have gotten the UK one if I have not gotten the US one.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I already have the US version in the garage. They have the same part number.

Different manufacturer and the UK one is actually black than the US being silver.

Both of them pass their respective standards (TUV for UK and DOT for US).

Go for it! I would have gotten the UK one if I have not gotten the US one.
After seeing Hank's recommendation of the PTU brace, now I have to include that in my thinking. I doubt I need it with my setup, but it's so pretty...

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
After seeing Hank's recommendation of the PTU brace, now I have to include that in my thinking. I doubt I need it with my setup, but it's so pretty...

One of the first mods I did on mine. One more bolt point does give you a piece of mind. Pick that Shuft up!

I hate this forum..... Makes me spend monies!

Reactions: phillofoc

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
One of the first mods I did on mine. One more bolt point does give you a piece of mind. Pick that Shuft up!

I hate this forum..... Makes me spend monies!
Tell me about it, when your think.. ohh okay I’ve done enough for a little bit, stuff just seems to pop up/happen then you realize.. where’s my $$??...
I’d like that.. need this.. don’t have that.. oh sh*t something failed.. $$$$

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
718 Posts
I installed mine a few months ago as an "I need something to do during COVID times." Also nice to have that peace of mind. I didn't remove the turbo oil line when I did mine. Everything went really quickly and smooth with my Milwaukee 3/8" M12 ratchet. But I'll tell you, the topmost bolt was the killer. It turned what should've been a 30 min job to an almost 2 hour job. Having to turn a little L-shaped allen wrench less than a quarter turn at a time was brutal... But glad it did it! Haha!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts