Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mountune, the famous Ford tuner that can heat-up Focuses and Fiestas without sacrificing the manufacturer’s warranty, has fallen into administration.

The company has released a short statement confirming that KPMG has been appointed to help organise its affairs and hopefully find new investment, either in the form of a full sale or as capital investment into the current structure.

Ford Tuner Mountune Calls In Administrators, Seeks Buyer

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not surprising here. With the experience I've had trying to get parts from them compared to other vendors and lack of customer service on occasion, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Is it a bad thing if they get a investor to capitalized on the business? It might now be the same after all said and done, but they would still be around and it "could" get better?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Dang! I've been waiting for weeks for the V2 charge pipe kit (with gray boost hoses) to come back in stock in the UK store. The blue finally came back in stock, but still no gray. I'm assuming this is why, and at this point, not sure they'll ever get the gray boost hoses back in stock... Speaking of which, @nicklulu have you installed your kit yet?

Wondering if I should just pull the trigger on at least the V2 hard pipe itself and just settle for the black/yellow hoses. Although my OCD will drive me crazy knowing I have the gray intake hoses...

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Dang! I've been waiting for weeks for the V2 charge pipe kit (with gray boost hoses) to come back in stock in the UK store. The blue finally came back in stock, but still no gray. I'm assuming this is why, and at this point, not sure they'll ever get the gray boost hoses back in stock... Speaking of which, @nicklulu have you installed your kit yet?

Wondering if I should just pull the trigger on at least the V2 hard pipe itself and just settle for the black/yellow hoses. Although my OCD will drive me crazy knowing I have the gray intake hoses...
ROFL! OCD is a biscuit!

Email them and ask, does not hurt to ask.

I have not installed mine yet, I think I will wait for the Mountune breather plate V2 install along the radium PCV catch can install next month so I can keep those pipes and FMIC clean.

·
Registered
706 Posts
ROFL! OCD is a biscuit!

Email them and ask, does not hurt to ask.

I have not installed mine yet, I think I will wait for the Mountune breather plate V2 install along the radium PCV catch can install next month so I can keep those pipes and FMIC clean.
That's probably the smart thing to do since it'll be easier to install the cold side hose with the intake manifold removed.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont bother with the Mountune V2 charge pipe kit its only an upgrade in materials as it flows no better than OEM. If you want an upgrade go Mishimoto, Spec-R, ETS etc

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Edit: False alarm: "Edit: A spokesperson for Influence Associates, which represents Mountune, has denied that the company is in administration, stating that KPMG are simply helping Mountune find new investment."

[original post below]

I noticed a huge difference even on my M380 kit with reducing hesitation on tip-in, way more than $120 worth of performance. I'm still on the stock boost hoses, you can probably get away with stock ones unless you're pushing big power. Now I'm getting the mod bug for getting the FP exhaust to see if that will do anything, as I was wrongly expecting the IC and hard pipe to do nothing to enhance the M380 kit.

Just get the hard pipe now with the black/yellow hoses from the UK. US Mountune is showing the hoses in stock but they're actually on a backorder (still waiting for mine almost a month after ordering). They're unremarkable in black, and putting any other color will highlight mods to the dealer.

If UK Mountune is going into administration/bankruptcy, what about US Mountune? I may swing by today as I'll be passing by that neck of the woods and check on my boost hoses (maybe make them break up a set). I'm glad I didn't preorder the new exhaust from the US guys at this point.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Super Moderator
16,476 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,476 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Dont bother with the Mountune V2 charge pipe kit its only an upgrade in materials as it flows no better than OEM. If you want an upgrade go Mishimoto, Spec-R, ETS etc
Is that a fact? I don't believe that when comparing the 2 side by side.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Keep in mind, the OP is a Mountune hater, he has bagged them in multiple posts on here, continually.
Yeah, iam also not convinced of his knowledge. Remember the proclomations that tractive were active shocks.....the tractive guy had to call him out!
Having said that, he has provided useful info to others sometimes.

Clearly something is up at mountune. I dont understand why things are rarely in stock, seems like they have big supply issues. Then there was clearly an issue with their tuning of their turbo upgrades.

·
Registered
2016 RS
213 Posts
Lol.... I better get my V2X

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keep in mind, the OP is a Mountune hater, he has bagged them in multiple posts on here, continually.
Like I have said before I’m no hater not even of the ignorant. As I’ve said before I have numerous Mountune parts fitted to my car, do you recognise any in the picture.

But knowing what I know now I wouldn’t of made any of these choices / purchases as mountune where more interested in getting warranty approval over making an actual upgraded item.

Two prime examples are:

1/ The inlet manifold why go to the trouble of doing one that flows no better than the OEM item, but it does look pretty thou👍
2/ Hardpipe kit the same dimensions as the OEM so flows no better. Where as every other tuner goes to 2.5”. Spec-R, Mishimoto, ETS etc

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You said it yourself, they do it so people who want to keep their warranty, can still somewhat modify their car?
Pretty simple really..

·
Registered
2017 FoRS mk3
91 Posts
Not a Mountune hater? Hahaha ahahahha ahahahha almost every second of your posts are about how much you hate Mountune, i have never seen a person hate so much at one product, its equally fascinating and anoying to read.

I like their products, you dont, and thats cool.
And for all we know, Mountune is not closing, they are just looking for a new investor.
I hope they, and all other tuners will stay in the market, the more the better. But some where, deep inside, i kinda hope for your sake, that they will close, it seems it would make your life so much easier. And i can just buy my stuff somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well said @Martin y
If this guy isn't a hater with the crap he posts about Mountune, then I dont know what to say?
Im surprised they haven't had him up for defamatory comments TBH.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well said @Martin y
If this guy isn't a hater with the crap he posts about Mountune, then I dont know what to say?
Im surprised they haven't had him up for defamatory comments TBH.

Why? and how can they? I have not reported anything that is false or lies

1 - 20 of 57 Posts