Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my OEM forged 19" wheels with some 18s (on 245/40/18) and now I think it would benefit, aesthetically, from a slight drop on all 4 corners. I was looking at the Mountune Sport Springs but was wondering if anyone had any before/after shots? I know the drop is minimal but it would still be nice to see.

I'm also open to other brands out there if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Whiteline

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
I thought I had some specific pics at the time of the change, but this kinda shows. 1- before, 2- after. Backwoods measurement = 3 fingers before…1 1/2 fingers after.
The ride change was very subtle. It wasn’t as harsh, yet preserved the enthusiast stiffness. I can’t speak to handling, as I don’t scratch the surface. IMO, they’re just right, and worth doing.
With your 18s she’d be downright civilized
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus RS Nitrous Blue
22 Posts
When I bought my RS from a dealer it was sitting on the Whiteline springs, which I didn't realize until I got it home. I have no reference to OEM unfortunately, but the ride on the Whitelines is good and I do like the slightly lowered look. They are firm but not excessively so, and there's no noises which I like. On some progressive rate lowering springs I've had before, there was very audible coil slap (from the closely spaced coils), which makes your nice car clang and bang like the suspension is trashed. Not sure if the Whitelines are coated with something, but there are no such issues with them.

I did some measurements under the rocker to confirm if my floor jack would fit, which it did, so I promptly forgot them. But I think it was something like 4" to the pinch weld in the front, and maybe 5.5" to the pinch weld in the rear? If you're interested, I can pull it into the garage and do a proper height check. It's not lowered to the point of being inconvenient either, but that said I'm usually going quite slow over speed bumps and curb entries. I've never scrapped anywhere but very lightly on my driveway (and that was only once or twice when I wasn't being careful). That being said, it's a steep gravel hill that needs a re-grade in a few spots. Time to get out the tractor...

Here it is with the OEM size winter tire set up:
Tire Wheel Ford fg falcon Vehicle Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts