Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
3_b7724dfc-194f-4275-b0af-79c77689ed5a_600x.jpg

M520 MRX Power Upgrade Kit - RS

The mountune m520 MRX upgrade replaces the OE turbocharger with a Borg Warner series larger frame unit to deliver incredible power output with minimal increase in turbocharger lag, greatly enhancing the driving experience.

Tested and validated over thousands of miles and countless hours on the dyno for durability and performance, the mountune m520 MRX turbocharger upgrade includes all required hardware, fittings and hoses needed for installation and is the perfect upgrade for customers already running either m400R or m400X.

Unlike other bolt on upgrades that deliver just peak or high RPM power, the m520 upgrade offers performance throughout the entire power band ensuring a very responsive and drivable car. The m520 MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is designed for those that are looking for well balanced yet extremely powerful performance derived from years of developing race-winning Ford 4-cylinder turbocharged engines.

Engineered around the BorgWarner EFR turbocharger platform for seamless integration and excellent response and performance, the mountune m520 MRX upgrade has been developed as a complete system with everything available from one source, ensuring the performance and quality you鈥檝e come to expect from mountune.

Because of the unique Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel, power comes on strong with amazing response and virtually no turbo lag whilst utilising the integrated recirculation valve ensures smooth drivability and throttle transition.

Turbocharger Features:

Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings - lowest friction and fastest spool/response
Water Cooled Center Section
Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
Low Inertia Gamma- Ti Turbine Wheel
Stainless Steel Turbine Housing

Kit Features:

mountune Ni Resist turbocharger adapter
Installation kit featuring all required oil lines and fittings
Preformed coolant hard line ensure trouble free installation and performance
m520 calibration (applied using mTune handset - required)

What's included:

1x mountune Ni-resist Cast Turbo Adapter Assembly
1 x V-band sports cat downpipe
1x mountune Configured BorgWarner EFR-7163 Turbocharger Assembly
Turbocharger Gasket Set
Stainless Steel Hose Clamp Set
1x Turbocharger Oil Inlet Hose Assembly

Hardware Kit:

Inlet and Outlet Turbo Water Supply
1x Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain
1x Gasket, Oil Return Tube
1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Outlet Silicone Elbow Hose
1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Inlet Silicone Elbow Hose
1x V-Band Clamp, EFR Exhaust Outlet
XtremeDi uprated fuel pump
Performance camshafts and valve train
Oil and filter change

What you need:

Upgraded intercooler
mTune handset
mountune full Intake
3" inch exhaust
hardpipe
Forged engine internals

https://www.mountunestore.com/products/focus-c346rs-m520x-power-upgrade-kit

4_6b52153f-678b-4fd1-84b8-7b7df4a77e60_600x.jpg

M450 MRX Power Upgrade Kit - RS

The mountune m450 MRX upgrade replaces the OE turbocharger with a Borg Warner series larger frame unit to deliver incredible power output with minimal increase in turbocharger lag, greatly enhancing the driving experience.

Tested and validated over thousands of miles and countless hours on the dyno for durability and performance, the mountune m450 MRX turbocharger upgrade includes all required hardware, fittings and hoses needed for installation and is the perfect upgrade for customers already running either m400R or m400X.

Unlike other bolt on upgrades that deliver just peak or high RPM power, the m450 upgrade offers performance throughout the entire power band ensuring a very responsive and drivable car. The m450 MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is designed for those that are looking for well balanced yet extremely powerful performance derived from years of developing race-winning Ford 4-cylinder turbocharged engines.

Engineered around the BorgWarner EFR turbocharger platform for seamless integration and excellent response and performance, the mountune m450 MRX upgrade has been developed as a complete system with everything available from one source, ensuring the performance and quality you鈥檝e come to expect from mountune.

Because of the unique Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel, power comes on strong with amazing response and virtually no turbo lag whilst utilising the integrated recirculation valve ensures smooth drivability and throttle transition.

Turbocharger Features

Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings - lowest friction and fastest spool/response
Water Cooled Center Section
Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
Low Inertia Gamma- Ti Turbine Wheel
Stainless Steel Turbine Housing

Kit Features

mountune Ni Resist turbocharger adapter
Installation kit featuring all required oil lines and fittings
Preformed coolant hard line ensure trouble free installation and performance
m450 calibration (applied using mTune handset - required)

What's included

1x mountune Ni-resist Cast Turbo Adapter Assembly
1 x V-band sports cat downpipe
1x mountune Configured BorgWarner EFR-7658 Turbocharger Assembly
Turbocharger Gasket Set
Stainless Steel Hose Clamp Set
1x Turbocharger Oil Inlet Hose Assembly

Hardware Kit

Inlet and Outlet Turbo Water Supply
1x Tube Adapter, Turbo Oil Drain
1x Gasket, Oil Return Tube
1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Outlet Silicone Elbow Hose
1x mountune 5-Ply Compressor Inlet Silicone Elbow Hose
1x V-Band Clamp, EFR Exhaust Outlet
Oil and filter change

What you need:

Upgraded intercooler
mTune handset
mountune full Intake
3" inch exhaust
hardpipe
Forged engine internals

https://www.mountunestore.com/products/focus-c346rs-m450r-power-upgrade-kit?_pos=1&_sid=d0c23e31d&_ss=r

Registered
I agree, M450 looks best case for a street driven or track oriented RS. But no explanation between the two power outputs. Is it in the tuning only and they both use the same turbo? Hopefully it is a smaller turbo as all the other big turbo kits have too much turbo lag for me.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
Looks like a great upgrade and I'm sure its been well tested and vetted, but I can only imaging how much this is going to cost is USD...
M450 currently in USD $2989.58

M520 currently in USD $6055.16

This is from Mountune in the UK and quoted without VAT.

Registered
I wonder if Mountune USA will release a similar option for the 450? I think the 520 is essentially the USA version of their MRX turbo that they recommend having a high pressure fuel pump. Maybe they can just tune it for the 450 without? Would be nice if it included a sport cat as an option in the US instead of just a downpipe.

Registered
I wonder if Mountune USA will release a similar option for the 450? I think the 520 is essentially the USA version of their MRX turbo that they recommend having a high pressure fuel pump. Maybe they can just tune it for the 450 without? Would be nice if it included a sport cat as an option in the US instead of just a downpipe.
The Mountune USA MRX turbo upgrade is essentially the M450. It comes with a free "base tune" which will get you running, but you have the option of buying a "custom tune" which I'm guessing gets you some tuning revisions from Randy. You also have the option of adding the upgraded fuel pump, which is included in the M520, along with hotter cams, etc.

Registered
Reading the blurb they are different turbos between the m450 (EFR7658) and m520 (EFR7163).

Edit: I suspect a typo and they mean EFR6758 for the m450

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the whole Forged Internals parts required adds just a little cost to this kit $$$$. Sweet as it is I just don't see this being a big seller, more or less eye candy to fantasize about.

Registered
Lots of guys upgrading turbos without engine rebuild. Depends how much you want to push the envelope and how much risk you are willing to take, or make compromises for safety/longevity.

You could argue dont do any mods without forged internals.....

Iam thinking a turbo upgrade like this with WMI would be pretty cool. Replace the part of the exhaust that is restrictive. Address fueling needs (pump and maybe injectors). Adapt the stock intake, leave the stock intercooler. Still get an extra maybe 100kw.

Registered
Worrying, I'm making 350whp (stratified) which is about the same as the M400, except I don't have forged internals like Mountune recommend.

Registered
Guys are making 400whp without issue. That seems to be the rule of thumb limit without reinforcing the block. Mountune wants to sell parts, and their kits are designed to be iterative and built upon when budgets allow.

I wouldn't worry about 350whp, that's likely close to the FP tune and M380 that tons of people are running here and in the UK. I'm running the M380 because it's conservative, CARB approved, and I hope it allows for longevity because it's mild.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts