Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
As a car manufacturer you will complete and 110% validate test at a level that few companies have the cash to do. These are called FMEAs. Failure Mode Effect Analysis . What this means , is insane extreme environments.
I don’t understand Shimmer.
Can you please use Ford’s OEM undertray in snowy conditions as an example of the validation testing Ford does in extreme conditions?
=0)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don’t understand Shimmer.
Can you please use Ford’s OEM undertray in snowy conditions as an example of the validation testing Ford does in extreme conditions?
=0)
Yep easy , as a manufacture you are required to use X AMOUNT of recycled materials. So Ford hooked you up and gave u back all the post manufacturing Fabric waste which also serves purpose for noise level at idle as required per EU.
👍🏻

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ford installed that plastic cover for a reason....just saying. Do some research on why it's there and why they say not to remove it. Mountune makes some good products though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What plastic cover? Does anyone have a pic of the engine bay & can highlight it? Are you talking about the main cover, when you open the hood & that says ‘Ford Performance”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I believe you no doubt. Thank you for that information!
This cowboy is not scared and does learn from failure.
Lots of failures? Oh Ya. Learn from your mistakes/failures? Hell yes!
If I didn't, I would not be in business today!
I am an MSP (Managed Services Provider) / IT Consultant and started my business in 2004.
Werner Technology Solutions, a division of Werner Enterprises Solutions LLC

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you're in Houston and looking at getting an AP, talk to Kozmic Motorsports. They should be able to get you hooked up with an AP and get you dyno tuned. Unfortunately I don't live in the area anymore, but I've trusted David with my cars since he was working on Mazdas out of his parents' garage - they know what they're doing, and have been working on this family of engines (its lineage can be traced back to the Mazda 2.3 DISI) forever.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does the Ford Mountune performance kit sold overseas with full warranty use the stock IC with blanking piece removed?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does the Ford Mountune performance kit sold overseas with full warranty use the stock IC with blanking piece removed?
I am guessing you are referring to the M375 Mountune Upgrade in the UK because you mention full warranty?
This kit:
Then the answer to your question is they use the stock intercooler with the blanking plate in place

·
Registered
105 Posts
I took mine off the day I bought the car. Haven't had any issues.
I read somewhere that the intercooler blanking plates are the same one they used on Ford Transit vans, so are actually out of the parts bin, and they were the vehicles that had the condensation issues.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Note that if you do decide to go with mountune, you have to buy the AP through them - they won’t sell you custom e-tunes if you buy your AP through Cobb or any other tuner. The AP you’ll get from mountune will be locked so you also won’t then be able to work with any other tuner.
I ended up purchasing through Cobb directly - ran the ots maps for a while, then recently had the car dyno tuned locally by a trusted tuner. The torque gains to be had between 2500-3500 rpm are astounding between the ots and my new custom tune. Put down 300whp and 400wtq (550nm) on the crappy 91 octane we get in the PNW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Note that if you do decide to go with mountune, you have to buy the AP through them - they won’t sell you custom e-tunes if you buy your AP through Cobb or any other tuner. The AP you’ll get from mountune will be locked so you also won’t then be able to work with any other tuner.
I ended up purchasing through Cobb directly - ran the ots maps for a while, then recently had the car dyno tuned locally by a trusted tuner. The torque gains to be had between 2500-3500 rpm are astounding between the ots and my new custom tune. Put down 300whp and 400wtq (550nm) on the crappy 91 octane we get in the PNW.
No mods other than the Cobb air filter btw.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not true. I purchased my AP from Mountune and I've gotten 3 other tunes from 3 other tuners.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not true. I purchased my AP from Mountune and I've gotten 3 other tunes from 3 other tuners.
Incorrect too. Mountune sells 2 different AP's, 1 is locked to a kit, like the MP215 or MR230 but they also sell a standard AP that you can use to get a custom tune and those are unlocked just like one you would get from Cobb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Locked unit: Mountune's mTune that comes with the M380 in the US. In other markets (UK/EU) you can buy additional canned tunes.

Unlocked unit: Cobb AP that comes either by itself or in a kit. If you buy from Mountune US, you get 45 days of custom tuning included. Keep in mind that the dyno graphs from the B3 kit + IC upgrade are the same for the more expensive kits, but the big kits have useful bits like the rear motor mount.

Hopefully the above clears things up for the curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased the Cobb AP through Mountune, so I'll throw my opinion in. If you're looking for a tune, and you aren't going to go to a local tuner, I personally think its a decent option. Its the same price as an AP through Cobb, but you get the Mountune tune and they will tweak it based on your logs. And I'm not sure what all options come with the Cobb tunes, but the Mountune let me specify the exhaust pops, exhaust valve, made LC way more accessible, and got rid of the engine shut off feature without having to mash a button. And I'm on my third tune from them; they tweaked the tune twice based on my logs for no additional cost. And if I wanted to, I can grab any tune Cobb has out. So no complaints here :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Dreamscience is currently the only hand held device that does not reset the ignition counter. Cobb etc do.
But DS does nothing to the RDU which monitors hp and torque spikes over factory.
It just depends how keen the Ford dealer is.

This is the only UK warranted map Mountune UK has, its the fpm375. The biggest difference is NO handset, if you have a handset supplied map such as the m375 it is not Ford warranted.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought the Mountune B1/M375 tune from MountuneUSA.

I should have bought the B2 tune because I later bought the Recirc Valve but Randy from Mountune said there's no difference between B1 and B2 tunes.

Anyway, it made a big difference in performance. It unlocks Fords Turbo governing of gears 1 to 3 and boost is a bit higher.

There are 4 settings in the tune.
1) Regular Race
2) Launch Control with Flat Foot shifting
3) Economy mode
4) Panic Mode. (Oh SNAP!! I just put 85 Octane in it by accident! What am I going to Do!?!?!) OR (Earl's gas station down the road has some funky gas that aint right)

The Cobb AP is cool for those that like to tinker around with it, I installed the tune and put the AP back in the box. I have no use for it until I get a proper tune.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts