Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying the DMB graphics RS stickers for the induction tube and airbox, I saw that Mountune offered a blue induction elbow. On the website , the blue looked almost nitrous blue. Well it is more royal blue than anything. I'm not going to send it back , but to those thinking of buying this item , the black would probably look better in a nitrous blue car. On the positive side, it fits awesome and went in in 5 minutes.
Russtang IMG_0048.JPG

·
Registered
659 Posts
Notice a difference in noise? I actually just ordered one to try to reduce the strange noise I think is coming from the flextube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Notice a difference in noise? I actually just ordered one to try to reduce the strange noise I think is coming from the flextube

Is the noise like a whistle? Like blowing over a coke bottle? If so you need the sound suppression chamber from mountune

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
installed the whole intake kit the other day, along with the sound supression chamber. Love the look. Happy with it for sure.

It does look good.
I got a slight deal on the elbow , so I wasn't so put off by the price. If the OEM intake didn't look so efficient and if I didn't have to pay the RS/Mountune surcharge, the whole intake might be in my car too.
Russtang

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lock ring pliers. We didn't have one, but we're able to go to the local harbor freight and get a pair for a few bucks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have the right tool for the job, it's a snap to do. Takes a few minutes

Takes a few minutes....after you've removed a bunch of stuff to gain access? Or once you've removed the lower engine cover? Lock-ring pliers should be easy to acquire.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just need to pop off the right wheel and it's right there in front of you. Like you can see it and touch it, nothing hiding it or covering it. Not even in a weird spot. Right there in front of you

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just need to pop off the right wheel and it's right there in front of you. Like you can see it and touch it, nothing hiding it or covering it. Not even in a weird spot. Right there in front of you

Awesome...thanks! I think it just turned into a "must buy" part for me. Last I read about it, it was a pain to get to, but it sounds like you (and others) found a better way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
that makes me want to get my engine cover hydrodipped.
I know this is getting off-topic, but here's a dydrodipped Focus ST engine bay. Not as nice as real CF of course, but it sure beats the sea of black plastic. That real CF engine cover is $434 USD >.<

shelby-ford-focus-st-detroit-2013-05.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone can answer - Is there any noticeable sound difference from installing the induction elbow?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts