Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Mountune has given Focus RS 513bhp

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  GmpaJimj 
#1 ·
#6 ·
the requirements are already released in the states so it shouldn't be a problem

#5 ·
Fine print from the Mountune site, the last item may add a bit to the cost :D :

What you need

• Upgraded intercooler
  • mTune handset
  • mountune full Intake
  • 3" inch exhaust
  • hardpipe
  • Forged engine internals

#7 ·
Fine print from the Mountune site, the last item may add a bit to the cost :D :

What you need

• Upgraded intercooler
  • mTune handset
  • mountune full Intake
  • 3" inch exhaust
  • hardpipe
  • Forged engine internals
Yeah that last bit. No big deal huh? Cracking her open and replacing all that. My Dad has this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it! All kidding aside, big $. You'd need to upgrade the clutch too.

#8 ·
It's the same as the mrx turbo upgrade they are already selling on mountune usa, plus a tune. 513bhp is about 440whp on our cars. Stock turbo can touch about 425whp on max send with enough fuel and right conditions. I'd still recommend the pte over the mrx. Yes, I am biased since I was the first person to buy the pte and need to justify it to myself over and over hahaha.

#11 ·
Yeah for the price of doing this mod exactly as recommended and to support those power levels (upgraded pistons, con rods, transmission and clutch) along with the cost of all the upgrade parts it would be more cost efficient just to buy another, faster car. At least in my opinion anyways.

But if you have the cash or if you can diy a bunch of the upgrades yourself it would definitely be neat to have an RS with that amount of power. It's a hella fast car already!

It's such a fatastic handling car with AWD and a 6 speed... nothing much else out there in its category that are quite like the RS!

Reactions: cornerexit
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.