Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

About a few weeks ago, I finally received my Mountune catback vs2 exhaust and I was wondering how many drivers here in the forum got theirs. I had mine installed at Mountune but what i noticed, the exhaust sits really low from the bumper diffuser. I guess my question is, is this normal?

Anyone that has mountune v2 catback, please chime in.

Thank you. Capture.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Hey guys,

About a few weeks ago, I finally received my Mountune catback vs2 exhaust and I was wondering how many drivers here in the forum got theirs. I had mine installed at Mountune but what i noticed, the exhaust sits really low from the bumper diffuser. I guess my question is, is this normal?

Anyone that has mountune v2 catback, please chime in.

Thank you.
I don't have the Mountune cat back but it looks too low to me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to get a closer look but that's about where mine sits.
damp_monkey on this forum messaged me this morning and attached pictures of his car and exhaust. His fitment is really nice and not super low like this. I hope he chimes in on this thread because i really think there's fitment issues on mountune's v2 exhaust.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the Mountune cat back but it looks too low to me.
I'm going to call mountune and see if I can stop by and show them. If not, is this something that can be adjusted? local muffler shop perhaps? Waited almost 3 months for the exhaust just sucks to see it like this. LOL

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm going to call mountune and see if I can stop by and show them. If not, is this something that can be adjusted? local muffler shop perhaps? Waited almost 3 months for the exhaust just sucks to see it like this. LOL
You can adjust the tips up, but the muffler would need different hangars to move it up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can adjust the tips up, but the muffler would need different hangars to move it up.
Hi, I don't know. Here's one of the forum member that got his. Even the install how to on youtube by christopher ayes showing really flushed look. forum.JPG

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is the other photo i sent xABNINx. I added that I later adjusted the exhaust to be more centered in the cutouts because you can move it a little bit by pushing/pulling into the hangers where necessary. Height wise though it looks higher than xABNINx's photo. Using stock exhaust hangers also, maybe the Mountune ones will make the fitment a little better?

IMG_20170804_170628.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the other photo i sent xABNINx. I added that I later adjusted the exhaust to be more centered in the cutouts because you can move it a little bit by pushing/pulling into the hangers where necessary. Height wise though it looks higher than xABNINx's photo. Using stock exhaust hangers also, maybe the Mountune ones will make the fitment a little better?

View attachment 204146
Hi Damp! I will go under the car afterwork and see if there is some play for the tips. I did order the hangers from mountune and see if it will push it closer. Honestly mine is sitting way low. I like the way yours looks.

Sound wise and performance, built quality, I think mountune is great.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Randy? Comments?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hi Damp! I will go under the car afterwork and see if there is some play for the tips. I did order the hangers from mountune and see if it will push it closer. Honestly mine is sitting way low. I like the way yours looks.

Sound wise and performance, built quality, I think mountune is great.
Sorry, I just looked at the Mountune setup and it looks like the tips are welded to the muffler. On my Milltek they are clamped so you can adjust them in/out, up/down to whatever your preference is.

Maybe if you loosened up the band clamp at the front of the muffler and pushed it up and re tightened it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like the hangers. I'm not going to touch anything right now since Mountune emailed me back and heading there next Friday. They will look at it and i'll let you guys know if there's any fix for others that are hanging lower.

Thanks bro

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
I don't think his tuning will fix this one. :D
He is the only "Mountune" staffer I know of on here. Surely he could take a 5 second glance and check.
'I mean it's not like asking him to dig a ditch. :yawn:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts