Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PDF of Mountune order included, items crossed out where removed after ordering. I have also attached blueprint excel of engine specs from Mountune. Blocked is decked and prepared for installation. As you can tell its mix and matched and got a very good deal on the build. I am asking 6000, which is a discount for a brand new in hand block. Current lead time is 14 weeks. custom built includes:

New Ford EcoBoost RS Engine Block
New Forged 94mm Crankshaft
Mountune Forged I-Beam Connecting Rods
Mountune Forged Pistons and Rings
Mountune Tri-Metal Bearings with Locating Tang Assembly balanced to within .5 gram Complete blue-print assembly Ring gap set Bearing clearance set Deck height checked Connecting Rod side clearance set Crankshaft end float set Balance Shaft Delete included
Add Cylinder Support System
Add High Performance Oil Pump

If you guys want more photos of something specific let me know happy to snap some pics. I don't really know how to ship freight or how that would work but if you are very very serious I can try and figure it out. Buyer would be responsible for shipping cost. Reason I am selling is I no longer need, thought my oem block was toast, but it just needed new cams (long story) lol.
Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle Watch Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Gas Auto part Plastic bag Cuisine Dish Plastic wrap Ingredient

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Mmm... looking good! :)
Just a point of curiosity, why are you getting rid of it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm... looking good! :)
Just a point of curiosity, why are you getting rid of it?
Ford misdiagnosed a problem with my car, said the tune invalidated the warranty. So I bought the Mountune engine, after Ford further investigated it turned out to be a mechanical failure which they repaired under warranty.

Now I have two engines, which depending on the person, is one too many lol :LOL:

Reactions: LogieBear and braap

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ford misdiagnosed a problem with my car, said the tune invalidated the warranty. So I bought the Mountune engine, after Ford further investigated it turned out to be a mechanical failure which they repaired under warranty.

Now I have two engines, which depending on the person, is one too many lol :LOL:
Oh that's awesome! Congrats on getting it covered. A minor loss on reselling the block, but hopefully you can recoup most of it :)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Wouldn't you be better off to put the built engine in, and sell the original engine?
Then you never have to worry again, and can mod till your hearts content.... big turbo, e85, more power... ..
Thats what I would do in this situation.

Reactions: fbaltona and morbid

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't you be better off to put the built engine in, and sell the original engine?
Then you never have to worry again, and can mod till your hearts content.... big turbo, e85, more power... ..
Thats what I would do in this situation.
Lol I mean sure, but I don't want to install it myself, and for Mountune to install is another 2500 for labor and another few hundred for oil gaskets etc. It starts adding up.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Lol I mean sure, but I don't want to install it myself, and for Mountune to install is another 2500 for labor and another few hundred for oil gaskets etc. It starts adding up.
True....

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
jmho...don't fire sale the Block..keep it until you can get a decent price...it won't spoil... just keep it indoors and wait..some one is going blow a 2.3 sooner rather than later...Boom Vwlopez3 to the rescue...unless you need the mula...then I'll give you 4k for it shipped..Hey Merica I had to try...lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jmho...don't fire sale the Block..keep it until you can get a decent price...it won't spoil... just keep it indoors and wait..some one is going blow a 2.3 sooner rather than later...Boom Vwlopez3 to the rescue...unless you need the mula...then I'll give you 4k for it shipped..Hey Merica I had to try...lol
Thanks, yeah that's what I plan to do. It'll make someone's RS real happy. No firesale today lol but never hurts to ask :)

Reactions: crepr12

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update: The block has a pending sale. So for all intents and purposes it is sold. Thanks everyone for your interest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts