Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
FWIW Motul, Redline, Liquid Moly, for sure have compatibility searches for your car on their websites. I believe Mobil would be smart to have one too.

As I prefer Motul over the latter like the OP, I have searched on their site and there is NO compatible engine oil according to Motul. But you will be happy to know that the trans, PTU and RDU oil is on their list and I will be switching to them in the spring.

But that's my preference as is anyone elses to put unapproved oil in their cars if they prefer. ?

As a side note, the API SN category is higher than the API SM category and API SM is NOT compatible, according to Ford.

In the end, use what you want, it's your car.
Yep, use any oil you want, but for direct injection you need SN PLUS. Check the api label.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Disappointing ford wont take care of you. My understanding was the extended warranty was bumper to bumper. Good luck!!
That's what I thought as well, til I asked the dealer to check the weeping. He quoted me $1100 parts & labor....NOT. That's why I'm looking for the shocks. I can't find the attachment with the shocks - don't remember the websight... DUH!
Little help?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep, use any oil you want, but for direct injection you need SN PLUS. Check the api label.
It is pretty much what I had said if you read the WHOLE post. I was merely saying that some people supposedly know better than Ford, and whether certain criteria is met or not, people are going to use what they want, you can't stop them. I am not saying anything to mislead anyone

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's what I thought as well, til I asked the dealer to check the weeping. He quoted me $1100 parts & labor....NOT. That's why I'm looking for the shocks. I can't find the attachment with the shocks - don't remember the websight... DUH!
Little help?
Gotta read that contract. They sold you a service contract not a warranty. A warranty is provided to you free of charge, "factory warranty". Nothing is bumper to bumper, remove that term from your vocabulary. Service Contacts cover mechanical components. If you have a list of components that are covered then it's a Stated coverage, cancel it. You want exclusionary coverage, where all mechanical components are covered except what's stated in the exclusions list...brakes pads, belts, wearable items.

I have been using motorcraft oil from new. No reason to change that I can see.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gotta read that contract. They sold you a service contract not a warranty. A warranty is provided to you free of charge, "factory warranty". Nothing is bumper to bumper, remove that term from your vocabulary. Service Contacts cover mechanical components. If you have a list of components that are covered then it's a Stated coverage, cancel it. You want exclusionary coverage, where all mechanical components are covered except what's stated in the exclusions list...brakes pads, belts, wearable items.

Same here on the Motorcraft...

·
Registered
46 Posts

Sorry, but just got back to this...he actually sold me a service contract, which saved me a significant amount on oil changed alone, and an extended warrenty...car is now 4 years old so we'll see if I made a mistake....hopefully not soon.
Be careful...stay well

21 - 30 of 30 Posts