Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Just got my Motor Trend magazine today. What a bummer! Even if this is half-true, it makes me wonder if my RS that I ordered in November and is still unscheduled, is worth waiting for. Numb steering, ropey shifter and IMO, worst of all, an unexcusable Ford programed rev hang! Dammit! Why couldn't Subaru have built a hatchback to replace my ageing, and second, slightly modified WRX :(
I wouldn't lose to much sleeper over the RS and the one sided bad review you read. Your RS will most likely not be built anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
There have been like 20 extremely positive reviews and 2 reviews (that I've seen) that were less than positive. One of the latter was someone clearly biased towards Audis and Volkswagens and this one was so far in left field I am not convinced he spent much, if any, time in the car. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just got my Motor Trend magazine today. What a bummer! Even if this is half-true, it makes me wonder if my RS that I ordered in November and is still unscheduled, is worth waiting for. Numb steering, ropey shifter and IMO, worst of all, an unexcusable Ford programed rev hang! Dammit! Why couldn't Subaru have built a hatchback to replace my ageing, and second, slightly modified WRX :(
I was a little dissapointed with the review as well. I have shifted the RS and it is better than most stock shifters, but leaves some room for improvement.

Be patient, as the cars get delivered we will see more comparisons and I'm confident it will be significantly better than the competition

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, Thanks for the encouragement (especially the Bill Caswell perspective)! I am hoping by the time May rolls around, some RS forum members will have theirs on the road and be providing us, who will still be waiting delivery, with their RS opinions. Most likely by then I will still have plenty of time to either cancel my RS order, or regain my enthusiasm and patience! Just curious - my road cars will never see a track (WRX and Boxster S) though I have tracked Miatas. My enjoyment comes from daily mountain road drives where I live. I haven't had the opportunity to drive a Fiesta ST, but every review I have read, rates it as more fun to drive than the Focus ST...which was the "focus" of the Motor Trend reviewer's negative RS fun comparison review?

·
Registered
558 Posts
This C&D review is very much an outlier, it's the only one I have seen out of dozens that raises these concerns, so I'd take it with quite a few grains of salt. There's always a few journos who feel a need to be contrarian so as to stand out from the crowd and get talked about - could be what's going on here.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts