Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Often it's the front of house "customer service" person/manager that uses incorrect terminology and the customer doesn't realise because he's not a mechanic, which is fair enough. Half the time the service manager hasn't got a clue himself.

Ciao
Quoted for truth.
Hit the nail on the head fair and square.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Any RS that was fixed properly even with an oil leak after the surgery will not have coolant issues. Mine has been coolant issue free since drove it away from the showroom. It never had issues with this and when I did my head gasket I did it because it was a recall and not because levels were dropping. When someone tells me that my car uses coolant and I need to accept I would no longer take advice from them. I might as well ask Gordon Ramsey to tell me what is wrong with my engine. These douches give the RS a bad name and do not want to be accused of negligence.

·
Registered
348 Posts
How long had you owned the car before this issue? How many miles are on the car? Why did you continue driving it at the first sight of no coolant in the reserve box? Did you call Ford before buying it, give them the VIN & ask if the head gaskets were replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Yea lol, ass. service manager said to me verbatim “These cars just use coolant, you just gotta accept that”
I do know enough to know that is definitely not true lol. Im hoping they record all their phone calls just for him.
You said you brought it the car before it went kaboom. I hope you kept a copy of it to bolster your claim that you reported the symptoms before any catastrophic damage were done.

Any RRM and BOV would not cause that, like they cannot blame those mods for any suspension parts failing. the mods were not a direct cause of your failure.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
How long had you owned the car before this issue? How many miles are on the car? Why did you continue driving it at the first sight of no coolant in the reserve box? Did you call Ford before buying it, give them the VIN & ask if the head gaskets were replaced?

Very good questions, lets see if the person responds. Maybe they should have questioned the seller more before buying the vehicle.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Very good questions, lets see if the person responds. Maybe they should have questioned the seller more before buying the vehicle.

I really hope the OP doesn’t think I was taking a dig at him, however when searching for any of these vehicles pre-owned, the mileage & ‘first owner reported ‘ & if it has mods or not should be the most important things to look for. I need to know when that bumper to bumper 3/36 kicked in & how much warranty is left. After 3yrs or 36k, these dealers will do everything they can for the customer to pay. All it takes is a 5min phone call to Ford Customer Care, give them the VIN & they will tell you if 17B32 was completed in 2018.

If the 3/36 is expired but it’s still under a 5/60, will Ford dealers agree to replace the head gaskets? I wouldn’t want to be in that position because I don’t trust them.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I am not sure if the 3/36 warranty is transferable. the extended warranties and maintenance are transferable.

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
17 Posts
The factory warranties that the car comes with on the date of first sale follow the VIN, not the owner. 3/36, 5/60, US federal emissions, whatever is listed in the warranty supplement in the owners manual kit that the car came with (not the owners box they mailed out after purchase) will follow the car to every owner without the need to transfer.

Dealers may try to claim otherwise but running the VIN through whatever service software they use shows them the date of first sale and combined with the odometer, determines the warranty status.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The factory warranty starts on the in-service date & milage of the vehicle. That in-service date is listed on every single dealer invoice you get for anything. If you had an oil change, it's listed. If you had a tire rotation, it's listed.

The 3/36 Bumper 2 Bumper, and 5/60 powertrain warranty follow the car until it reaches either the expiration date, or mileage.

If you purchased a Ford ESP, that is also transferable to the new owner. Not sure how it gets transferred, but it can be. The ESP however, is still subject to the same reasons for voiding a warranty. So if you spent money on the ESP, a dealer can still void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I still don't see why they would void the warranty for the RMM and BOV for the failure that happened.

As someone already said, bring it to another dealer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am not sure if the 3/36 warranty is transferable. the extended warranties and maintenance are transferable.

Every bumper to bumper warranty is transferable as long as the car has a clean title. Many of these RS’s bounce around 2-3 owners in 3 yrs, so that’s why the first thing I do is check the carfax for ‘first owner reported’ because that’s when the 3/36 kicked in & it will tell you how many more months & miles of coverage it has left, regardless of how many owners it has had, however it will also tell you how long & how many miles each owner drove it.

A perfect example currently is the ‘17 SB with only 3.9k miles that’s for sale in CO right now. The CARFAX shows ‘first owner’ in 04/19. So even though it’s a ‘17, it was never sold until 04/19, so the car is covered by its 3/36 until 04/22. Which is pretty amazing for a 2017. Too bad it’s 36k

·
Registered
442 Posts
Every bumper to bumper warranty is transferable as long as the car has a clean title. Many of these RS’s bounce around 2-3 owners in 3 yrs, so that’s why the first thing I do is check the carfax for ‘first owner reported’ because that’s when the 3/36 kicked in & it will tell you how many more months & miles of coverage it has left, regardless of how many owners it has had, however it will also tell you how long & how many miles each owner drove it.

A perfect example currently is the ‘17 SB with only 3.9k miles that’s for sale in CO right now. The CARFAX shows ‘first owner’ in 04/19. So even though it’s a ‘17, it was never sold until 04/19, so the car is covered by its 3/36 until 04/22. Which is pretty amazing for a 2017. Too bad it’s 36k

An 8year/100k warranty is stupid cheap through GWB on here.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts