Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
What types of "fuels" are you using to reach 1000 HP? E85, Meth, NOS, etc??
I use E85 I'm not going for 1000whp only around 800 at the wheels or so, and even then it's a little nutty on the street. Also when I say 4 port I'm referring to the exhaust ports on the head. These have what's known as a "headifold" where all of the exhaust runners merge into a single exit point that the turbo bolts up to. I have a cylinder head on my car that has exhaust ports that aren't merged together. Think of it like a traditional 4 cylinder like an Evo or a Honda where you have an exhaust manifold that bolts up to the head and then the turbo bolts up to the manifold. Headifold's are great for spool and low end power, but they really choke when you go for big power.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use E85 I'm not going for 1000whp only around 800 at the wheels or so, and even then it's a little nutty on the street. Also when I say 4 port I'm referring to the exhaust ports on the head. These have what's known as a "headifold" where all of the exhaust runners merge into a single exit point that the turbo bolts up to. I have a cylinder head on my car that has exhaust ports that aren't merged together. Think of it like a traditional 4 cylinder like an Evo or a Honda where you have an exhaust manifold that bolts up to the head and then the turbo bolts up to the manifold. Headifold's are great for spool and low end power, but they really choke when you go for big power.
Thanks for clearing that up! I've heard of this type of head used in Europe and perhaps Australia (which is from where I imported parts for my inline 6).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Thanks for clearing that up! I've heard of this type of head used in Europe and perhaps Australia (which is from where I imported parts for my inline 6).
My cylinder head is actually off of the euro 2.0L ecoboost. Ford performance sold it for a while. They require a ton of work to actually make them good though out of the box they actually flow less than the headifold haha.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Good read, just read it from start to finish and some awesome tech going into your car 👍
Yeah man I'm really looking forward to running the motec, but at the same time not too excited about the wiring I have to do, and that I have to completely retune it again. It will be worth it in the end though. Hopefully hahahahahah

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So a little update on my RS. I managed to break it when i was turning it up at the end of last year. What i thought was just a small coolant leak after a pull turned out to be a cracked 2.0L block. Based on what i've seen, and after talking to a few of the smartest engine builders i know i'm chalking it up to me having wet sleeves in this block. They just take out too much material. The car it self still runs fine it just leaks a bit of coolant hahaha.

The car was really starting to make some power before it cracked 41psi, 8100rpm, 80lb/min. Definitely above 750whp . Also yes that is wheel spin at 85mph in the log.

The new engine is going to stay mostly the same. My friends at Speed Perf6rmanc3 helped me out with a new dry sleeved 2.0L block, and a set of synchros.

The car is now off to Engineered Motorsport Solutions to have everything put together. I'm reusing most of my current rotating assembly as nothing is wrong with it. The only difference is i will be switching from standard comp Manley pistons to high comp EMS spec pistons made by Mahle.

Soon i will get to have some fun again.
Outerwear Sleeve Grey Rim Personal protective equipment

Slope Font Electricity Technology Electric blue

Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Tread Line

Grey Gadget Audio equipment Font Peripheral

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
@Ryan @ PDTuning whats your thoughts on the BP285 cams please
I have these being fitted next week on the rest of my build

61 - 74 of 74 Posts