Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
What do you think will work better a Galo 12 or Galo 24?

Oh, and do they still make Motec system exhaust?
Post #4 ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
So I really use v dyno or recommend it, but I was talking a customer about it tonight, and it had me curious as to what v dyno would say about a log I took earlier in the day.
This is really the first full pull I've done in the car and my fueling is still on the rich side. it's why you see that tq dip once the car get's into power, but still it's not bad. I need more mid range the car actually feels on the slower side to me right now haha. Even with my 60-100 acceleration right now being around 3 seconds.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I really use v dyno or recommend it, but I was talking a customer about it tonight, and it had me curious as to what v dyno would say about a log I took earlier in the day.
This is really the first full pull I've done in the car and my fueling is still on the rich side. it's why you see that tq dip once the car get's into power, but still it's not bad. I need more mid range the car actually feels on the slower side to me right now haha. Even with my 60-100 acceleration right now being around 3 seconds.

View attachment 355746
Those are some pretty respectable numbers and for a guy who likes to go straight. The torque down low will be nice for launching. Your making power all the way through your rev range which is really nice! 2-step at the ~4200 mark should put you at ~20psi and well into your tq/power curve on launch :p. Guessing this would net a sub 10sec run, just my .02$

That may even break into the low 9s. as long as the drivetrain can handle it.

(don't quote me, it's been a while since i've been on the strip.. your 60ft is what I would like to see ;)).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Those are some pretty respectable numbers and for a guy who likes to go straight. The torque down low will be nice for launching. Your making power all the way through your rev range which is really nice! 2-step at the ~4200 mark should put you at ~20psi and well into your tq/power curve on launch :p. Guessing this would net a sub 10sec run, just my .02$

That may even break into the low 9s. as long as the drivetrain can handle it.

(don't quote me, it's been a while since i've been on the strip.. your 60ftis what I would like to see ;)).
I'm likely going to need to launch much higher than 4200rpm, but I will cross that bridge after my gearset is built, and the motec is installed. I need to bring the power up in the mid range to make the car more fun. I also need to up my wot box. I have it set to cut at 8k right now but it's putting the limiter in at 7500 rpm right now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm likely going to need to launch much higher than 4200rpm, but I will cross that bridge after my gearset is built, and the motec is installed. I need to bring the power up in the mid range to make the car more fun. I also need to up my wot box. I have it set to cut at 8k right now but it's putting the limiter in at 7500 rpm right now.
Yeah your prob. right and i agree the mid range could use some love, but I'm confident you'll get it there! I'm along for the ride, you're blazing a path many don't/won't go down.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
453 Posts
I actually don't have any traction problems. what you are seeing is a big rich dip in my fueling that drops the car into the low 10's and causes a momentary bog. I'll smooth that out as I go along.
Ah, I was just noticing the "RS" traction control lighting up. That should mean that the ECU was detecting slip and was trying to compensate. You should try that run again with traction control fully disabled. When I was autocrossing, I didn't realize how much that was happening to me until I got a Gopro, and the RS would flicker at a lot of the corners. Now I fully disable it.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ah, I was just noticing the "RS" traction control lighting up. That should mean that the ECU was detecting slip and was trying to compensate. You should try that run again with traction control fully disabled. When I was autocrossing, I didn't realize how much that was happening to me until I got a Gopro, and the RS would flicker at a lot of the corners. Now I fully disable it.
The RS flashing in the tacho is what your referring too?
Thats not traction, that's a shift light, telling you to change gears now for optimum performance or something similar. And flashes when getting near the limiter. The closer you get the faster it flashes.

*edit for spelling🤪

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
From my owners manual
Book Publication Font Material property Circle

Reactions: jefferysanders

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The traction control light is the orange car with lines behind it which is illuminated in his speedo.....it will flash if TC is cutting in.
In the video he posted it stayed constant the whole time = no wheel spin.
👍

Reactions: jefferysanders

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually don't have any traction problems. what you are seeing is a big rich dip in my fueling that drops the car into the low 10's and causes a momentary bog. I'll smooth that out as I go along.
Awesome build Ryan! I recently purchased the same auxiliary fuel kit and BOV from Jessie Ringling of EMS (engineering motorsports solutions). My Focus build is on hold till I get into my new shop, so I will be installing it on my Ecoboost Mustang, and hope to have it ready to tune in the next 45 days!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Awesome build Ryan! I recently purchased the same auxiliary fuel kit and BOV from Jessie Ringling of EMS (engineering motorsports solutions). My Focus build is on hold till I get into my new shop, so I will be installing it on my Ecoboost Mustang, and hope to have it ready to tune in the next 45 days!
nice bud you are in good hands with Jessie.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Jamo is 100% right. You will see the RS shift light will come on every time at 6k rpm, and it will start flashing at 6500rpm. Ford has actually been doing shift lights similar to that for years. like here in my old Ecoboost mustang. I had the premium package so when the lights are on and I get to 6500 rpm the tach will turn red to act as a shift light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice bud you are in good hands with Jessie.
NMRA has replaced their Atlanta Race with Rockingham, NC. Just down the road from you and over the hill for Jessie and me. We have had a couple of Ford front wheel drive cars run the 1/4 mile over the past couple of years... I think they were entered in the Ford Muscle class... I run my Ecoboost Mustang in the Super Stang class. But what I'm looking forward to is seeing the Ford Ranger and the all new Maverick compete in our Truck class!!

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
453 Posts
The RS flashing in the tacho is what your referring too?
Thats not traction, that's a shift light, telling you to change gears now for optimum performance or something similar. And flashes when getting near the limiter. The closer you get the faster it flashes.

*edit for spelling🤪
Doh! Don't mind me, it's been more than a day since I've seen it.... so of course I have to misremember it. I just re-watched some of my older autocross vids and see that there's an icon above the sport mode traction control light that flickers when traction control is happening. Carry on....

41 - 60 of 69 Posts