Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I don't post on here often, but I know at least a few of you would find what I'm doing with my RS interesting.

The car is currently built with a 4 port head using a precision 6466.
When I last had it on the dyno I laid down 687whp on the dyno before my tires wouldn't hold anymore. I'm not your normal RS owner I'm building this car for straight line drag racing. I tune some of the fastest Ecoboost mustangs in the world, and I want to give the RS community a better time than the current best of 11.0 haha.

I just picked up a Plug N Play Motec to run on the car. The value of this standalone to high hp builds like my self that use aux fuel can't be understated. I'll update this post when I have some free time with things like a full build list, but right now my tuning workload is through the roof haha.

The Motec has full CAN bus. Gauges, start button, etc. all work, and the things I can do with it are endless.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well done mate...we love MoTeC here in Australia for obvious reasons and know their capabilities. That quarter mile record simply doesn’t make sense 5 years since the car’s release - give it hell!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,432 Posts
Hmmm... that's a weird looking exhaust system. I would suggest adding a T66 turbo and some NOS. At least that's what I hear Hector is running... :p
Don't forget the Spoon engine!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys I don't post on here often, but I know at least a few of you would find what I'm doing with my RS interesting.

The car is currently built with a 4 port head using a precision 6466.
When I last had it on the dyno I laid down 687whp on the dyno before my tires wouldn't hold anymore. I'm not your normal RS owner I'm building this car for straight line drag racing. I tune some of the fastest Ecoboost mustangs in the world, and I want to give the RS community a better time than the current best of 11.0 haha.

I just picked up a Plug N Play Motec to run on the car. The value of this standalone to high hp builds like my self that use aux fuel can't be understated. I'll update this post when I have some free time with things like a full build list, but right now my tuning workload is through the roof haha.

The Motec has full CAN bus. Gauges, start button, etc. all work, and the things I can do with it are endless.

View attachment 352952

View attachment 352951 View attachment 352963
Would you ever be interested in making another turbo kit like that for a customer it’s either that or I pick up the ets kit with a 3582r

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(y):):cool::unsure:....Good lord...I hope this Beast can stay together...God Speed and waiting for any up dates...
I'm not really concerned about the engine. I've got another 2.3l eco over 800whp currently. I'm doing a motec setup on that car as well. I should be able to make 1,000whp with the 2.3 without too much trouble. it's more the drivetrain that is the unknown.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Interested in the Motec standalone unit. I saw them adapt one for the new GR Yaris but looked and couldn't find one for the MK3 RS. Wondering how it compares to the Syvecs.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Cool build. I always thought that 11 was to slow and probably could be beat with just being able to load the rdu more with the control setup.
Very cool I started mine as a straight line car but have morphed it to a road course car now.
Motec is Awsome

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice to discover there is another ECU option out there! Syvecs is based on LifeRacing F88 and is a very old platform, which is itself derived from the Pectel T6 from the mid-1990. Don’t get me wrong: this used to be world-class motorsport hardware back then, used by works teams in the WRC and BTCC, but it’s definitely dated now.

The only recurrent question I have is: where does the base map comes from?

Without a legit base map that mimics OEM and runs the engine just as perfectly as a starting point, the value of a standalone ECU drops dramatically.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice to discover there is another ECU option out there! Syvecs is based on LifeRacing F88 and is a very old platform, which is itself derived from the Pectel T6 from the late 1990. Don’t get me wrong: this used to be world-class motorsport hardware back then, used by works teams in the WRC and BTCC, but it’s definitely dated now.

The only recurrent question I have is: where does the base map comes from?

Without a legit base map that mimics OEM and runs the engine just as perfectly as a starting point, the value of a standalone ECU drops dramatically.
Motec provides a basemap to work from. They pull alot of oem data from the stock ecu.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Motec provides a basemap to work from. They pull alot of oem data from the stock ecu.
Cool. What is the price on top of the M142 price? Is this offered as a "plug-and-play" kit right now with the loom and everything, of still tinkering around? Do they sell to customers or is there a Syvecs-stupid policy of selling only through their dealers, with the risk of them locking the map. Did you plug-it yourself? Did you need tech support for anything?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. What is the price on top of the M142 price? Is this offered as a "plug-and-play" kit right now with the loom and everything, of still tinkering around? Do they sell to customers or is there a Syvecs-stupid policy of selling only through their dealers, with the risk of them locking the map. Did you plug-it yourself? Did you need tech support for anything?
The kit is $6900 and is full plug n play with harness. You would need to buy it though a motec dealer. Motec provides the firmware and the licenses are tied to the ecu not the software. You could go and download Motec's software and some of their firmware packages off of their website now if you wanted to. As far as needing tech support....I am a full time tuner, it's what I do 60+ hours a week. Asking weather I need tech support isn't really going to be applicable to the normal user, but to answer your questions yes I did have questions haha.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts