Ford Focus RS Forum banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im excited to see how this new edition to your sound system turns out. I've been drooling over your Audison equipment since I found your thread, now this JL.
Excellent build thread.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #422 (Edited)
Well damn, that took all freaking weekend (I'm getting slow in my old age) but project = complete! This single woofer for sure sounds better than than the two 10's i had in there

Two completed pics plus one of while in progress.. I didn't really have a solid plan just took each step as it came :) Woofer sits in .8 cubic of sealed space given 400 watts from my Audison AP1D amplifier.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #426 (Edited)
NAPA has Mobile 1 5W50 for $5.99 a quart right now, stocked up with 12 quarts

I hit 30k miles on the odometer, so I think it's a good time for:
  • Transmission fluid change
  • PTU fluid change
  • RDU fluid change
Looking to do it maybe next weekend.

Also recently registered for the October NASA event down here at Daytona Int'l Speedway, super looking forward to that although I'll need a fresh set of tires before then.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Could use a brake fluid tester - there is a cheap one on amazon just be sure to clean off each time with break cleaner. The plastic is a bit brittle if not properly cleaned :

Is the break down like this:
Motul going into PTU
Redline to tranny
Motorcraft to RDU

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Today was "change all the fluids" day, what a long ass day that was.

Changed the oil with some fresh Mobil (nice sale at NAPA at $6/qt)..

Changed out the air filter with a fresh Green Filter, it didn't exactly "slip in" but it does eventually fit with enough patience

Changed out the cabin filter

And then the fun stuff!

PTU drain and fill

RDU drain and fill

Transmission drain and fill

Touched up my intercooler while at it... no more white "M" but it is kind of neat how its subtle like this

All those are done and I let the car run for about 10 mins or so, no leaks or issues.

Still have the bumper off, tomorrow I'm going to give this stuff a whirl. I can't find the video for it, but someone on YouTube demonstrated this product and it worked great. I figure it's worth a try

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Z,
Long maintenance days pay off ;)

Was the break down like this
Motul going into PTU
Redline to tranny
Motorcraft to RDU

Any specific reasons you went with each?

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Could use a brake fluid tester - there is a cheap one on amazon just be sure to clean off each time with break cleaner. The plastic is a bit brittle if not properly cleaned :

Is the break down like this:
Motul going into PTU
Redline to tranny
Motorcraft to RDU
motorcraft : ptu (the stock stuff 75w140 super stinky stuff)
redline: rdu
motul: trans

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
So my car was apart all this week after the above work... i wanted to make sure i had no leaks and what not, so i was in no rush to get things back together.

This morning i rolled the car out into the driveway, there was a 1/2-a-dime sized spot of fluid from the rear diff on the floor. I jacked the car up again to get under there (had to do this anyways to get the bumper and ADF undertray back on) and I confidently feel it was just overflow/overspill from filling it. Serves me right since I didn't spray down that area with brake cleaner the other day (i did for the rest of the fluids I did). No leaks from transmission, PTU or oil areas.

Also replaced the cabin filter this morning... yuck! it was pretty gross.

Drove the car for a little bit, the shifting felt fantastic, the new fluid makes a difference.

One thing I do not like is my new Green Filter air filter, which is open ended compared to the one it replaced with was closed ended (a K&N i believe)... definitely not a fan of the whooshing air noise my car makes now, I could even hear it clearly over my admittedly loud stereo system. I may pick up some air filter cleaner and clean up/out the K&N and put that back in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
One thing I do not like is my new Green Filter air filter, which is open ended compared to the one it replaced with was closed ended (a K&N i believe)... definitely not a fan of the whooshing air noise my car makes now, I could even hear it clearly over my admittedly loud stereo system. I may pick up some air filter cleaner and clean up/out the K&N and put that back in.
I do like the AEM dry filters with (not needed) a Outerwears pre-filter cover. Cover gives the ability to not have to dig out bugs and such from the pleats when cleaning

421 - 436 of 436 Posts