Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Hot Damn!

Looks great.... but not as good as the FW I see from the pics. :encouragement:

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #403

There is a great local YouTube'r, Combustion Chamber, who always comes to this specific group's events, he always has such great things to say about our little RS gang that shows up (a little more than 25 minutes in on this installment)

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #405 (Edited)

Just got back last night after a five day trip to Tail of the Dragon with my Integra friends (mind you, most of us do not have Tegs anymore). This was my 15th year in a row of going up during this time frame.

We've been there so much the focus is no longer on driving but more on hanging out (although we tend to drive a lot anyways). This year we inner tubed in Cherokee (floating cooler for the win), visited Clingman's Dome, did the SkyBridge in Gatlinburg (uggh when did that become such a tourist trap!), and as always spent some time in Bryson City. This year I also very much enjoyed the new section of Foothills Parkway, that section rocks!

My car spent nearly all day Saturday out on the roads... without me in it! In the morning one of our group members had a Civic Type R, I had asked him the night before if he could just take me on a short ride in it since I had yet to even sit in one, he countered with the offer to let me drive it! I then offered him my keys to which he said "I'm not going to say no to that" lol. We drove the section of 28 between Fontana and Deal's Gap in each others ride.

I spent the first few days on my "daily" Continental Extreme tires, but had to switch the Cup 2's on Friday morning after it was determined that the Continentals were d-u-n done. Wow what a difference, i love me some Pilot Cup 2s for sure!

Had a friend fly in from Colorado for the gathering and she and her boyfriend got stuck in a rental Nissan Versa (no choice) and was moping around for days about that, so I gave her my keys Saturday as we were leaving for lunch. She asked about "taking the long way home" to which I agreed and she had my car out there for a few hours (meanwhile I hopped a direct ride back with my friends in their Jeep). She is a long time STi owner and i've known here for many many years, so I trusted that she could handle the car just fine. When she returned from the adventure she pulled into my cabin parking area and announced at top of her voice: "I LOVE THIS CAR!". She later asked "does the electronic steering usually shut down?" haha. She must have driven the car pretty hard... I knew that was going to happen, it's all good.

I've got a ton of pictures and video, the below is just a little bit of it.

During a break in the new section of Foothills Parkway, what a great stretch of road.

foothills.jpg

My long time friend and someone I always share a cabin with picked up this GTR last year, had a great time chasing each other around all weekend. He's a challenge to keep up with even while he has his normally aspirated Integra, now it's game freaking on while he's driving this thing!

blookie_and_me_lower_res.jpg

me_and_blookielower_res.jpg

me_br_ju.jpg

At temp Cup 2's = sticky icky!

tires_sticky.jpg

Video of one of my friends following on another run

Coming up on a corner hot... look out !!

On Meadow Branch Rd (road over the mountain from Tapoco to the backside of Fontana: came rolling around a corner, ooops!

5 mins on a quiet day on the Dragon

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #407 (Edited)

Today was a fantastic rally driving event put on by the local Facebook Focus group... I got volunteered to lead 1/3rd of the overall group, which was fun (three groups of 8-10 Focuses or Fiestas). This was a BLAST, despite Florida's lack of exciting roads, but there were a few good parts comparatively speaking (it is tough to think any good roads when I just got back from the Dragon last weekend)

rally_1.jpg

rally_2.jpg

rally_3.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
What a blast from a past! Lemme see if I can find some photos. What a shame, sold the car and the guy immediately wrote it off.

So last week I was with a ton of TI people in person, I showed this picture of your valve cover to like 15 people and all of them remembered this lol

Was definitely unique!

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #409

Got some new shoes for the RS today. I really really wanted some Super Sports or Pilot Sport 4s but I ultimately decided to get a set of these Pirellis shipped to my door from TireRack for $608.

On Thursday last week I had pointed out to their tech team an issue with their website and yesterday received a $25 gift certificate for doing so. Armed with that I ordered these yesterday and here they are today.

Now to save my pennies for another set of Cup 2s for the OEM forged rims.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #410

Got the new tires mounted and balanced on Wednesday last week.

Thursday morning I drove about 25 miles, and this suddenly popped up on the cluster

Fantastic! Uggh.. The part that I absolutely hate about this car is that the control module knows damned well which location is at fault, but there is NO way to find out which this is. Stressed about it for two days as this came up every single time I went to drive the car.

People have some REALLY whacked methods to combat TPMS issue, including a YouTube video I watched where the guy bought 4 sensors on eBay and then built a pressurized container out of PVC and put these new sensors inside with the canister pressurized to 40 psi. Looks like a pipe bomb! seriously, i'd hate to be pulled over with that in my car.

Anyways, yesterday I headed out to have lunch with some friends, it suddenly went away. I drove the car at three different times yesterday, that fault stayed away, so somehow it magically fixed itself

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
you can use the Torque app to get individual tire pressures
Thank you for pointing that out!

Bought this $11 adapter and $5 for Torque Pro (it appears the free/"lite" version doesn't support the "Extended PIDs")

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, our cars aren't smart enough to know when we rotate out tires.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #415 (Edited)

Was toying around with Torque Pro and got some nicer dials set up.

Major bummer though, using this ODB splitter, which is one linked to on this site and said over and over to work well, doesn’t work well for me.

With the Cobb plugged into the closest plug and the Bluetooth dongle in the last plug, the access port cycles on and off if I have torque up and running (read: the Bluetooth dongle is communicating). If I turn the Samsung phone off, the AP works perfectly

Ah well, at least I can check on it as needed, I'm further than I was just a week ago!

401 - 416 of 416 Posts