Ford Focus RS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
So that amp: it allows the use of the idatalink harness as a direct middle man between the Sony amp harness and this Prima amp?

I’m wondering if I can simplify my system, while introducing more power, by going with that model Prima in leu of my Prima A1D, A4D and Rockford DSR1
Yes. The Prima Amp/DSP is connected to the stock head unit through the Maestro iDatalink. The Prima AP F8.9 bit just came out. It doubles the power of the previous AP 8.9 bit model (8x85W; 4x260W bridged), and has new software. My dealer told me that Audison said I got the first one in the U.S.

If I understand your setup up correctly, you could configure this unit as an all-in-one: 2x260W front, 2x85W rear, 1X260W sub (see page 19 in the manual). Or you could bi-amp the fronts 4X85W (page 17 in the manual).

Alternatively, you could keep the Prima AP1D to power the sub, since the footprint of these units is small (page 22 in the manual).

Since I'm using all 8 channels for the speakers (6x85W front, 2x85W rear), I also have a Prima AP1D powering a Prima APS 10 D sub in the hatch. See custom hatch insert my local shop made for me:

Hatch.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #382

Great day to ge together for lunch with Kyle and George. I also decided #yolo and ordered a second set of Audison K6's this morning, they'll be here early next week, I'm going to go deaf!

Some cars friends will be around all weekend, I'm hoping there is time to get my shifter bushings all installed, but we'll see

lunch.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #383 (Edited)

Finally got all the shifter things added with the help of two friends that were in town this weekend. I worked on the inside bushings for the shifter base while they worked on the short shifter adapter and all the bushings out there in the engine bay.

Feels vastly different/better from the little bit I've driven so far after the fact. I've got the FSWerks shifter base set at 30% (middle setting).

The second set of Audison speakers arrive today, I'll get them in as soon as i finish my work day as long as UPS delivers them by then. I spent some time before work applying some FatMat sound deadening to the inside of one of the door panels.

01-shift-engine.jpg

02-shift-inside.jpg

03-shift-shifter-out.jpg

04-shift-done.jpg

05-fat-mat-door-panel.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
So after a week of driving the car around with the short shifter stuff: definitely do like! Wish I did it a lot sooner!

Also got that 2nd set of Audison Voce's installed, the stereo system is now at its peak, I'm so happy with the results.

This coming Saturday is the huge Focus Daytona Beach meetup, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon detailing the RS

- Rinsed car off with pressure washer
- Foam bath
- Rinsed again
- Washed car
- Clay'ed using this amazing thing: Mothers 17240 Speed Clay 2.0, wow that sure saved some time!
- Washed car again
- Washed the wheels using my "Hero Brush"
- Dried car
- Speed wax'd the car, another huge time saver: Car Guy's Hybrid Wax Sealant
- Cleaned all the black rubber trim
- Cleaned all the door jams with microfiber and quick detailer
- Cleaned all door panels and dashboard area
- Vacuumed
- Jacked up car and cleaned the underside of the side skirts

The results!

IMG_2441.jpg

A picture of the rear speaker install

IMG_2399.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #386 (Edited)
@BigFatFlip

Two tips:

- Get a set of these: Trim And Molding Tool Set 5 Pc

- This video is a great resource: but there is super annoying, super loud music in the background, i'd suggest starting off with it muted.

** EDIT : it had been a while since I actually watched that video, i notice at the 1:50 mark that the airbag indicator panel is on and then at the 2:00 mark it's magically off. To get it off use two pry tools getting the first one wedged in between the top of the panel and the bottom of the radio housing, slip the second in to actually pry it loose, the panels comes off towards you at a slight downward angle.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
.** EDIT : it had been a while since I actually watched that video, i notice at the 1:50 mark that the airbag indicator panel is on and then at the 2:00 mark it's magically off. To get it off use two pry tools getting the first one wedged in between the top of the panel and the bottom of the radio housing, slip the second in to actually pry it look, the panels comes off towards you at a slight downward angle.
Thanks! I've got those trim panel tools and I've seen the video (I actually like his videos, so helpful, even without any dialogue). Funny enough, the reason I asked about the airbag indicator panel was because it magically disappears on the video lol

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Harbor freight baby, I also have the same pry tools, but in Nirtous blue of course!

64126_W3.jpg

Your did really need to take out the whole shifter assembly out though right?

Your build is going great!

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Harbor freight baby, I also have the same pry tools, but in Nirtous blue of course!

View attachment 327626

Your did really need to take out the whole shifter assembly out though right?

Your build is going great!
I've actually got this kit, an absolutely fantastic deal. I just always post the HF kit because it's convenient for most people:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JKDJNCS/

As for the shifter bushings, the shifter doesn't need to be pulled completely out like I had it, in fact i'd probably not recommend that lol

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I like that pry set, pretty much have everything and more, Ilike the picture in amazon with the guy holding it.

I need to still do my short shifter and bushings myself.

Need to find the time.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)

So over the weekend was the Florida Focus 11th Annual Daytona Meetup, the best meet up of the year down this way.

We all gathered up at a plaza in Daytona and then got on the beach all lined up and hung out for the day.

Well run event and a lot of fun, already looking forward to next year!

Most of these aren't pictures taken by me, rather gathered from the Facebook group page

beach_00_on_way.jpg

beach_01.jpg

beach_02_stage.jpg

beach_03_stage.jpg

beach_04_stage.jpg

beach_05_on_beach.jpg

beach_10_early_person.jpg

beach_08_wing.jpg

beach_07_beach.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #396

Spent some time last night working on a few electronic additions:

Top left = re-mounted the Rockford PLC2 bass control for the system. It's been in this spot for a little while now but there was a little bit of plastic in the way making that panel bow, so I fixed that.
Bottom Left = button to open and close my garage door (button activates a tucked away opener, details are here)
Right = new auto-clamping wireless charging holder/pad and I tucked/hid the cable out of the way.

190522 - Center Console.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #397

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #398 (Edited)

i also wanted to share some footage from the RS's dash cam from the other night... huge intense lightning storm here on Tuesday night, was able to catch a big zap on video

Screenshot from that video

dash_cam_zap.jpg

381 - 400 of 436 Posts