Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yes. lol

Honestly though I think the decision should be based on what you want not what a future owner would want. Is the sunroof worth $900 to you? Are the forged wheels worth it for you?

KBB says on my 2014 ST3 with 22K miles that the moon roof is worth about $400.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The wife wanted a moonroof.. so we got one.. if I was looking for this to be a speedracer car I would have omitted it.. I haven't used it on my current vehicle.. although the S4 was nice to open up..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Things I love about my sunroof:
  • Enjoying rain from inside the car
  • Letting the moon light the interior at night
  • Quickly airing out heat
  • Watching my girl pretend she's on a roller coaster with her hands out the roof
  • Going through multi-colored soap car washes
  • Admiring tall buildings while driving downtown
  • Rolling all the windows down on a pretty day
Things I've never thought about the sunroof:
  • "The extra weight on the roof is killing my 0-60 times."
  • "I would have rather spent the sunroof money elsewhere."
I can't justify a convertible daily driver, but the sunroof makes me feel much more like I'm part of the world around me, instead of driving through it. YMMV, but having that feeling daily is well worth the weight/cost additions.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Not directly related, but this made me think of the quote, "Not putting miles on your car to keep resale value high is like not banging your wife to keep her fresh for the next guy."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things I've never thought about the sunroof:
  • "The extra weight on the roof is killing my 0-60 times."
  • "I would have rather spent the sunroof money elsewhere."
I can't justify a convertible daily driver, but the sunroof makes me feel much more like I'm part of the world around me, instead of driving through it. YMMV, but having that feeling daily is well worth the weight/cost additions.[/QUOTE]

This
This
and this, reduced head room.

Decided to forego the moonroof.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Better resale value with a moonroof. Had a dealer add one at no cost to me on a car I leased because it would make it more desirable. Oddest thing I've ever seen. Deal done and they said one more thing, how would you feel about us installing a sunroof. They put a hell of a power sunroof in, bigger than OEM at the time and we really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ive regretted not getting a sunroof before, so I went for it. Wheels are ugly, I'll do way better with custom ones

·
Registered
171 Posts
my 2 svts have them and my clone does not,I am going for the head room NO SUN ROOF.
Don't care what the next owner thinks,my son......

·
Registered
285 Posts
No moonroof due to weight and helmet room cuz weekend race car. This is often the sole reason I find my self needing to order non-option base cars as dealers order even the base cars with moonroofs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I like a moonroof...lets in some natural light and brightens up the car. Wife insisted. So no real option not too. As for the wheels went for the forged option as stronger. I'm sure there are/will be a ton of options but too hard to choose and don't have endless hours to pick and re pick.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Things I love about having a moonroof:

Things I hate about having a moonroof:
Pointless
Extra Weight
Reduced headroom (a concern for anyone tracking the car)
Potential future leaks, both top seals and drain tube clogs

You can probably figure out how I ordered it.

I went with the forged wheels because the price was decent and they look 100 times better than the standard wheels IMO. And easier to clean.. that once a year I'll wash the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanted to order mine with no extras on it but the sales guy told me that the system will not take the order, that he add the forged wheels and the order went trough. Don't know if true or not but the wheels actually save some weight

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts